PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2019
I searched the forum but found little info. With regard to the link below, are these real cubans grown in Cuba and is it illegal to have them shipped to USA from Canada.
Thank you for any help,

Christopher
https://www.cubancigar-shop.com

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
This link should answer your questions. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/82/~/importing%2Fbring-cuban-cigars-to-the-u.s.-for-personal-use. The Reader’s Digest Version is that you can bring back some cigars from traveling outside the US but, you can still not “legally” import (order) them from abroad.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Wow - went to the Canadian site - is tobacco really that expensive there? I guess part of it is the exchange rate is 1 to .76 or so

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I don't know if they'll ship tho the U.S., but there are better options by price. Checks your PMs shortly.
If you were looking for Cuban tobacco for your pipe, you'd be much better off getting one of Habanos' handmade, short filler options like the Por Larranaga Panatelas, or a Quintero. No sense spending big money on a cigar you're going to cut up.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I may be mistaken but there is no Cuban pipe tobacco on that website. That having been said I do have some Cuban Partagas Picadura Granulada (pipe tobacco) if you'd like to try some.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Many years ago while in the Caribbean, tried Cuban H. Uppmann(sp?) pipe tobacco. Barely made it through the bowl and tossed the rest of the 4 oz. I bought in the trash.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I may be mistaken but there is no Cuban pipe tobacco on that website. That having been said I do have some Cuban Partagas Picadura Granulada (pipe tobacco) if you'd like to try some.
If it's the same leaf used in Partagas cigars, I suspect this would be great leaf to blend with.
Many years ago while in the Caribbean, tried Cuban H. Uppmann(sp?) pipe tobacco. Barely made it through the bowl and tossed the rest of the 4 oz. I bought in the trash.
H. Upmann is one of my favorite cigar lines. Pound for pound, they offer some of the best smokes in the world, IMO. But maybe they should stick to cigars.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
There are numerous sites in Europe and Asia that you can purchase from with confidence if you really want Cuban cigars. The prices are nowhere near what they are in Canada. You can get run of the mill Cuban Corona, even robusto sizes, for $8 to $12 per stick. You will pay $14 to $18 per stick for the larger Churchill sizes along with Cohiba and Trinidad.
I'm not sure how much difference it makes in pipe tobacco in terms of what country to cigar leaf is from. A little of any type of cigar leaf seems to go a very long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.