PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I am one of the pipe smokers who also enjoys Cigars. However, I went to a private out of state Undergraduate school, worked as a substitute music teacher for 18 months, and am now getting a Graduate degree at a private school in Chicago, with only maybe 4-6 gigs a months....SO - cigars don't happen often. I instead smoke these:
B9655318-A56D-4C7D-917C-30F9AFF97123-449-0000002F125FF297.jpg

Here's an idea of how big they are. They are good BTW. Not as creamy and oily as a big maduro wrapped full sized, but still enough of that spicy cigar flavor to hold me over from time to time.
B7BC2DED-7369-4287-9443-6BB4F7D2E075-449-0000002F154A6AD2.jpg

Anyway, I've been looking for a tobacco pouch that I like, and that's easy to toss in a jacket pocket for sometime. Finally I realized I had tons of these empty tins lying around, and Voila!
EC42E4A1-0726-4D56-AB6D-E3D119BB0527-449-0000002F0E9C2640.jpg

That's Key Largo BTW, the tins been open for awhile so there aren't any full flakes left, but it's still super delicious. :puffy:

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Cool. I've reused pipe tobacco tins in the same way; it works as long as you only have a day's supply in there...

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
i do the same thing, i put pipe tobac in some old tin. usually a small tin that fits into a pocket. lately i have been wanting a good zip pouch, with some sort of old time logo on the outside of the pouch, like swr ch h+h. i have been in contact with a forum member hobojoe, and he is considering making a pouch of the same. tins come in handy as tobac pouches.
take care.

mike.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
You need a poncho and a Colt SAA to go with those cheroots.
:rofl:

I love how Clint would have the same one in his mouth all day and would never get smaller or go out... hell he could probably swim through a river and come out on the other end with it still lit. :rofl:

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
If your baccy is a bit wet, or if you're planning on leaving it in there more than a day, I think I would line it with a coffee filter. Should eliminate any chance of sticking or rusting.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
i just put mine in zip lock baggies then stuff in a cheap plaid tobacco pouch. i can put in several different blends and slide it in my hip pocket...

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
This is how I carry mine:
photo1-9.jpg

photo2-9.jpg

photo3-8.jpg

Baccy is dried some on the coffee filter, wrapped like a burrito, put back into a pouch and then into a glasses case I got at Wal Mart or the Dollar Store (don't recall). The spring closure holds it all well and there's room for a tamper, lighter, and maybe even a beater/cob if I so desire.

toadie

Lurker
Jun 30, 2012
I used to use an Altoids tin when I first got in this game. It worked fairly well until I forgot it in my car (filled with Walgreens Cough Syrup tobacco) for a few days. It grossed me out so much I vowed never to let tobacco touch bare metal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.