PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Now May 11, 2020. Now you don't have to bother with the verbiage. If you are more or less unfamiliar with the issue, the above will provide an overview. And, the date will change again ... and again ... probably again and ........

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
If they didn't take action faster, millions of additional school children would be hanging out on the playground...er, hanging out in their room on social media sucking on a pipe loaded with the latest deadly Nightcap replacement. I'm sobbing uncontrollably at the thought of it. :crying:
It's all about saving children's lives.
Deceased singer/overzealous crack aficionado Whitney Houston said it best: the children are our future. :clap:

Reactions: Elric

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
The sad thing is all the ignorant people who hear this prohibitionist crap and the b.s. about children and think "Oh yeah, we have to stop this thing before it gets my children too and they die." I know its hard to be 100% logical when it comes to one's offspring, but come on people...

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
In the meantime, DWI (driving while intoxicated) continues to be rabidly assailed by the Mothers Against Drunk Driving group; while DWD (driving while distracted) on cellphones is blithely ignored, even though the latter has been shown to result in GREATER impairment in controlled studies, time and again.
Why, you might ask? Because the MADD women happen to like talking on the phone while driving---as does half the world's population---and WAY too much money is in play regarding the subject, from the telecom companies on down.
In short, "The Children" only matter when invoking their welfare is convenient to the money-chaser and/or do-gooder making the claim.

datascalabash

Lurker
Aug 6, 2009
My latest take on all this has appeared HERE...
...to sum it up, the extinction of "those damn butts" - while still allowing natural cigar and pipe-mixture use when "in uniform" in the US military; will be the single MOST effective way of "curbing youth exposure to tobacco use" of any kind...
...Indigenous American tribal societies are still the ONLY valid determiners of tobacco policy "going forward", as their tobacco rights are something that NO Federal agency has any business messing with for any reason, at any time. potentially as a central abrogation of tribal law...
...and not one single candidate for any elected US electoral; candidate should be considered as acceptable for national office, if they strictly backed a completely inflexible, "one-size-fits-all" model for tobacco control legislation; that in any way restricts or completely abrogates any indigenous ethnicity's rights to tobacco, which in nearly all cases dates to a time far back before European colonization of the Americas.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
allowing natural cigar and pipe-mixture use
There's a snag. Nearly all commercial tobacco produced is cased with something.
which in nearly all cases dates to a time far back before European colonization of the Americas.
By over 12,000 years.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, at least 13,000 years now shown in recent findings in Mexico and New Mexico. But I'd wager tobacco use by indigenous people is "only" a few thousand- maybe a few hundred- years old. Still it's senior.

Reactions: artvandelay007

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
But I'd wager tobacco use by indigenous people is "only" a few thousand- maybe a few hundred- years old
All American tribes have been found to have Clovis ties so tobacco has been in our DNA from the beginning.
https://www.npr.org/2014/02/13/276021092/ancient-dna-ties-native-americans-from-two-continents-to-clovis

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
I've been honored to take part in traditional Lakota sweat lodge ceremonies in South Dakota. Impossible to imagine them without tobacco (as well as sage, cedar, willow, bee balm/horsemint, chokecherry etc.) This pipe-carving culture is tied intimately to ALL of these plants, and the U.S. Government ban on the ceremonies they are used in is on the edge of living memory for some.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
It looks like Your U.S FDA was taking some legal pieces of advice with certain Scandinavian countries Governments health care depts. Our Tobacconist and retailers are already dealing with above-mentioned acts, here where Tobacco in all forms is bad and lethal while booze is acceptable more or less, is there a hint of hypocrisy to be found in the lawmakers' mindset...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When the deeming laws hit, I am going to be rich. My stock of Blood Red Moon and Molto Dolce will become gold over night. Can you imagine a world with no Blood Red Moon or Molto Dolce, I can't.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Harris...you are a BAD, bad boy...taking advantage of someone who would smoke that "stuff".
To quote Duane as I often do..."My cellar laughs at this development!"

Status
Not open for further replies.