PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I was just pondering on how limited is a number of countries with a real wide array of pipe tobaccos worldwide, in reality, today, there are only a few, particularly: 1 USA, 2 England, 3 Germany 4 Denmark 5 Spain, and 6 Italy to some degree, that's all about it. Something to think about.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Interesting that in your ranking Denmark falls behind Germany. I have never been ... but given their pipe making tradition, I would imagine one would find plenty of stuff to smoke around there, and fill those nice expensive pipes..

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
There is a huge inventory of tobacco in China. But it’s in the possession of only a handful of billionaires. :|

glaswegian

Lurker
Jul 4, 2018
My ranking would be if you´re only having a sight on varietys offered:

1. USA

2. Germany

3. Switzerland

3. Denmark

4. England

5. Spain

6. Italy
I live in Germany and I´m from Scotland. And the UK has not too much to offer, The biggest range are the Lakelands and that´s it.Pricey aswell.

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
@tufftony I live in South Korea and make rather frequent visits to Japan, and I cannot really agree. I've been to three shops in Tokyo that would sell pipe tobacco, and one shop would even have a blend unavailable in other countries, the Dunhill Ultra Mild as of January 2018. I do agree on that the Americans are living in a relative smoker's paradise tho :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.