PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
OK, tell the truth. You don't really like pipes at all, do you?
Admit it: you just have a tremendous crush on the UPS driver.

bostoneo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2016
Akron, OH
hahaha.... wife may be watching.... jk. Just love pipe baccy, tastes so much better than cigars and at a fraction of the cost :) Been smoking cigars for 8years.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Ah, I feel so much better. My wife is worried about my PAD/ TAD. I can now proudly show her your thread and keep on shopping! :rofl:
Welcome to the Forum. Not much to add that hasn't been said, advice-wise. I wish you lived closer. I am just outside Portland, OR and cannot seem to find anyone to smoke with.
I saw that Mars sale, but too late... That was a great event. Congrats!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The containers they reside in are airlocked with a gasket.
Those containers are not airtight. The seal is foam and the plastic is O2 permeable. Better than most other totes, but they have issues: They are made from a PVC with lots of plasticizers. Stick your nose in and take a big whiff next time that you open one. That's plastic off-gassing. It WILL get into your stash if the tobacco isn't sealed in something impermeable like glass or mylar.
I'd get those SG boxes transferred to glass or sealed in heavy mylar.

bostoneo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2016
Akron, OH
Thx for the info on the plastic containers! I'll have to take care of that this weekend.
My UPS delivery person .... sometimes makes more than 1 or 2 stops :nana:
UPS_girl.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Perfect! Now, you can just start shipping some of that stash to me, a bag or so at a time, should double your pleasure as she comes

by to pick up the outgoing.....

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Since I started smoking pipes, I find I typically get a cotton mouth, or rough bumpy tongue in the morning that can feel a little sore. I think I may be steaming my tongue/mouth but possibly smoking to quickly
Everyone will say smoke more slowly, so, yes, that, but also consider drinking a lot of water. Cools the mouth as well. Beer is better but dries you out.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Wow what a collection.
Sounds like your cotton mouth is leather tongue. Sometimes a short break to let your tongue heal will help in addition to the previously mentioned tips for slower smoking, water drinking and drying the baccy.

bostoneo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2016
Akron, OH
Hmmmm on the other hand, those 1.5lb boxes of SG may be able to fit in 64oz ball jars?
15% off your first order to :)

http://www.freshpreserving.com/ball-wide-mouth-half-gallon-64-oz.-glass-mason-jars-with-lids-and-bands-6-count-1033895VM.html#start=2

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Mr, Bosteno,I have had and still have one day or other the same ennoying feeling, but lately not so frequantly,yes ,pay attention to packing on looser side, dry a bit out tobacco prior smoking, and go on as slow as you can,the rest becomes with time,I'd expect.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Bostoneo, I am in the Mount Vernon area. I often pass through Akron on my way to Youngstown, where my family lives and my eldest son goes to college. What tobacco shops would you recommend in Akron? My web searches keep coming up empty! Maybe we can meet up for a bowl or two next time I'm through.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I grew up surrounded by FL swampland. I have a serious fear / respect for the Cotton Mouth. That is a deadly snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.