PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
During the lunch break the lady from the office reception called and told me that there was a package for me. Last year in December, our beloved forum member Michael (a.k.a. Cosmic) told me that he shipped a package to me with a surprise item in it and since then I have been waiting for it to arrive. Well, it took a while since I am living on the other side of the world. Ladies and gentleman, I will let the pictures do the talking:
eKxPwoz.jpg

BjO96we.jpg

NIvNFaV.jpg

Incredible workmanship, Michael. Thanks a lot for this nice gift, sir. Now the question is, should I use it or not? It is more an exhibition item rather than a pipe tamper for me.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
Really....Really nice !! I think I would use it but take good care of it for sure !!

Please, use it. I get in such a whirlwind to get to the post office that I forgot to include two things, a small jeweler’s cloth to keep it polished and the letter that explains what this is made of.
The blade is made of sterling silver, the body is my own formula of bronze that will keep a polish for a very long time, but eventually will tarnish. It can be polished back up easily, but if you allow it, it will patina to a very cool blueish-green, similar to Roman sculptures. The foot of the tamp is pure copper.
The stone is an anthill garnet that I picked up in Tucson a few years ago. The ants bring these tiny garnets to the surface, adding them to their mounds, and the Natives of Apache County, Arizona will gather them up and have them facetted. They are a very blood red color, and I have been fascinated with them for a very long time. Ants make the best miners.
You can easily wipe the soot off after tamping. Sometimes mine will get a little build up on the inside of the foot, but maybe just think of that as cake, ha ha.
This was supposed to be your Christmas present, but getting a package from here to there takes quite a while, so… Merry belated Christmas!!! And, thank you so much Javan for helping me regain back control of my Instagram, from the Russian prostitutes. :puffy:

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Fanfreakingtastic. Rustic look, unique materials, and a utilitarian design. A treasure to behold and to use.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All of the simplicity and elegance of a pipe nail raised to a far higher level. Superb.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Wow... Michael, that tamper rocks! I am glad Jeevan could give you aid with those Russian prostitutes -- dealing with Russians is beyond my capacity; but if you should ever have a problem with any German prostitutes on Instagram, I'd be happy to be of service! :puffy:

Thanks guys!!

I keep one like this in my pocket quite a bit, no holes in scrotum yet. The silver blade is rather thick and dull, but in pictures they look a lot sharper than they really are. And, some days I just grab a golf tee. They aren’t for everyone. Actually, today I left the house without any tamp amd had to use the butt of a pen.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Well, I guess I will be using it then. I have few tampers but I always find myself using the cheapest one - a wood golf tee pipe tamper. But this one has a better grip than any other tamper of mine, so comfortable to hold it. it is just there all the time screaming to be picked up and get used. And its weight is so perfectly calculated that you don't even need to apply any force to tamp while smoking, just let the tool do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.