PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I have a problem with my old boy lighter,it has become increasingly difficult to light.The problem is the striker/thumb wheel assembly will not spin freely.

I have removed the flint and cleaned everything but still the same.On dismantling the screw that holds the wheel in I find there appears to be a bush in the middle of the wheel that the screw passes through so that when the screw is tight the wheel spins on the bush.Mine is seized solid the wheel only spins if the screw is backed off a bit.

Can anyone confirm this is indeed the case and has anyone encountered this and fixed it.I am thinking maybe I will need to buy a replacement wheel/bush assembly

Jun 27, 2016
Sounds like it man, if you cleaned it all out. Looking at the pic in the first link below, the only other thing that I could see causing a problem besides a worn bushing in that thumbwheel or bent/worn wheel-screw itself, is if the other top screw near the center is loose, which might cause the top plate to lift up a little bit and start binding under the wheel. So maybe see if the middle screw is tight. Then see if you can get a new bushing and wheel-screw, or send it in somewhere. :puffpipe:
https://www.tecon-gmbh.de/index.php?cPath=239_802_818_1403
http://www.musiccitymarketing.com/

skaukatt

Can't Leave
You can have it serviced and repaired by the authorized agent if you send it out. The cost IS substantially more than it was just a few years ago, I think it was approx. $9 bucks! WOW! now they want $35, that's almost half of a new one!
Here you go:
For Corona lighter repair, please send the lighter, along with $35.00 per lighter, to:
Arango Cigar Co.

3170 Commercial Ave.

Northbrook, IL 60062
Include, if you will, a brief description of the issues you've had with your lighter, and mark the outer packaging "Corona Repair".
Estimated wait time for repaired lighters is 4-6 weeks. After we repair a lighter, we let it sit for a couple days and then recheck it to make sure it is repaired properly. Thank you for your patience. For a status update on your IM Corona lighter repair, you can email Aaron at imcoronarepair@gmail.com.
A replacement tamper or a screw can be sent to you for $6.00.

Jun 27, 2016
Too bad that they don't sell a catalog of parts from there, just the fill cap and tamper, and service. I've only ever seen parts for sale overseas.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
indeed ... rather than paying $35 for getting one fixed, one would be tempted to buy a new one, unless one is emotionally attached to his lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.