Cornell & Diehl Must Buy A Peterson Blends?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
So, Cornell & Diehl of which I'm a fan of, have four new blends. Sugarplum, Hearthside, Nutcracker, and Evergreen. Blends I might be interested in trying. But there's a catch. The only way you can get any of these blends is by purchasing a new Peterson pipe at Smokingpipes. And you choose which blend with the pipe you purchase. Therefore, if you want a tin of each blend you have to buy four new Peterson pipes. What?????? I'm a big fan of Peterson pipes too, but I don't think I'm going to to buy four new Petes just to get four tins of tobacco. What say you? Has anyone here purchased a new Peterson and received one of these tins? How was the tobacco? And was it worth buying a pipe just to acquire the new tobacco?

Reactions: Bengel

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I guess you have to take these special offers at face value, and if they don't give you what you want, pass them by. I like tobacco as a lagniappe with a pipe, but they ought to make it standard blends and give you a choice in my 'humble opinion.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
If these were blends that SP.com expected to sell like hotcakes, they would definitely offer them for sale. I’m not saying for sure that you’re not missing much, but…

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I would email and ask if they are going to go up for sale by themselves but my TAD is bad enough right now.

Reactions: Elric

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I also was curious if these would eventually go on sale too. Glad someone is getting to the bottom of this bowl so to speak.

Reactions: Bengel

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
We’re a bit spoiled I think, haha. I certainly would be interested in some of those tobaccos, but they don’t have to give us anything when we buy a pipe. I hope those blends will go for sale after the deal, but if not, congratulations to those who get a tasty bonus tin with their nice new Peterson!

Jan 8, 2013
We’re a bit spoiled I think, haha. I certainly would be interested in some of those tobaccos, but they don’t have to give us anything when we buy a pipe. I hope those blends will go for sale after the deal, but if not, congratulations to those who get a tasty bonus tin with their nice new Peterson!
They certainly don't have to give us anything, I agree. What I'm saying is I'd like the option of buying these tins without having to purchase a new pipe. And I certainly don't want to purchase four pipes in order to try all four blends. I'm not going to get my undies in a bind over it either though. If they decide to sell them separate sometime soon I'll be glad about it. I do think the current deal is lame though, and I'm actually a fan of C&D, Peterson, and definitely Smokingpipes as they're all awesome.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
They certainly don't have to give us anything, I agree. What I'm saying is I'd like the option of buying these tins without having to purchase a new pipe. And I certainly don't want to purchase four pipes in order to try all four blends. I'm not going to get my undies in a bind over it either though. If they decide to sell them separate sometime soon I'll be glad about it. I do think the current deal is lame though, and I'm actually a fan of C&D, Peterson, and definitely Smokingpipes as they're all awesome.
I know I’ll be picking up some tins for sure if they sell off any surplus after the Peterson deal!

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
Well, I've already decided on the blend I want to try - Nutcracker. The description implies it has some strength.
It's the pipe I'm un-decisive about. Maybe something in the fresh uploads tomorrow will catch my eye.

9mmpuffer

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2018
That's pretty silly if you ask me. I'm not a fan of Peterson pipes so I would never buy one, having to buy a pipe to get a blend makes no sense. Personally, I'm haven't found a C&D blend I really love yet so this is just too much effort.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
They should do the sale the other way around. Free pipe with the purchase of tobacco.

While I'd prefer 1 tin = 1 free pipe, they could do 10 tins = 1 free pipe or some such nonsense.

Just for fun, and since I live in Vegas, I'd put the odds at 100 to 1 they do release the tobacco for regular sale by itself sooner or later.

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
From the company:

Hey Steve, unfortunately the Wintertime Reserve blends won’t be going to full market, at least not at this time. They’re only available through participation in Smokingpipes’ Christmas promo. If that changes at all, we’ll be sure to let you know. As for the Evergreen blend, it’s a red Virginia and Perique Flake with a bit of unsweetened black Cavendish. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.