PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Considering the past issues, jarred or leave in the can?
Was the mold previously caused by leaky tins or mold spores being introduced during processing? I'm guessing the latter. And if true, jarred isn't going to matter.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Was the mold previously caused by leaky tins or mold spores being introduced during processing? I'm guessing the latter. And if true, jarred isn't going to matter.
I'd rather be able to see, as opposed to wondering if the leaf is holding up. Probably will jar half, and keep the other in tins.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
I paid a small upcharge as well, but think in one year when it's gone the going rate will be 2-3x if it's as good as we think it'll be.
But with enough to get around, I'm hoping whoever wants it can get it. I'll be cracking a tin soon to find out how good it is!

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
I cracked my tin last night. It is a good Red Va maybe the best available today. Hard to judge a blend after 1 bowl, it was young and had some rough edges but also had some real nice flavors. I think this blend will improve a lot in in a year or 2. This run was from a 2015 crop so it is still very fresh for a Va flake.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
How many tins did you all order.... the 25 or a lesser amount?
I have acquired 33 tins. I think that should be enough.
I cracked my tin last night. It is a good Red Va maybe the best available today
I did the same. I thought it was just a bit bland for a Red Va flake, especially when compared to McCranies Red Va Flake. However, that's not fair as most tobacco seems to change a fair amount after having been opened anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. Also, it was very good and IMHO, well worth the $10 price per tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.