PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I just looked up the description of C&D's Yale Mixture and now I'm curious. I'll have to pick some up to compare to this small batch stuff. Upon reading the reviews on TR it seems like Yale Mixture has a similar flavor profile but without the bit of burley small batch has for some added 'umph'.
aristokles - what are your thoughts on Yale Mixture? Have you smoked this one?...with the C&D sales going on I might roll the dice and grab some of this. The price point is just right!

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Hi beezer

I used to smoke Yale Mixture regularly buying it mostly in the 8oz tin option C&D used to offer or in smaller quantities from a B&M. I got away from smoking it when my Dad passed and I no longer needed to supply both of us (he liked it as well). I intend on getting some more to see if there are any changes; my favorite Engine 99 seems a bit different of late and so I am interested to see if the VA component is what has changed. YM might help me assess that.

As to your question, I recall it being a standard English - VAs and Latakia, period. Very smooth and undemanding.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks Jeremy. Yea, English blends leave me wanting more strength also. Two Cures: Add Perique or add burley. Can't wait to try the new blend.
As far as the quantity of different blends at C&D; there is something for everyone. Buffalo Soldier is by far the best all day English Blend. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.