Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
This Missouri Meershaum was the first pipe I purchased several months back, and it hasn't gotten much use since I started purchasing briars. Mistake on my part. I'm not sure there could be a much better morning smoke than Frog Morton Cellar in my corn cob.
A couple questions:

1) Can someone identify which MM model I own?

2) After just several bowls, Cellar has become my favorite tobacco. What would be a good second Frog Morton to try? I'm not a fan of Latakia-forward tobaccos, so I'd want something with minimal Latakia.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
That's a Rob Roy legend or washington, although I have been wrong before. Hard to tell by the picture. I second ATP and I'd also say On the Town.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
antbauers is right, the shape is a Rob Roy. I didn't know its was also in the Legends line. So you can get either a Legend or Washington series with that shape.
Edit: Looking into it futher it is a Legend becuase the stem is yellow. The Washingtons have black stems.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
Good to know! I always thought the only difference about the Washingtons were whiter in color due to the plaster. I also just learned this:
From the people at MM

"Washington has a white finish and a black bit and the Legend has a yellow finish and a yellow bit. The Washington gets two "fillings" (as they call it) of plaster and those fillings are done by hand, whereas the Legend gets only one filling and is done in a machine."

dirtydex

Might Stick Around
May 14, 2011
Judging by your tobacco choices, I would also recommend McClelland's Anniversary. It is light on the lat as well, with a lot of virginia sweetness. The 2010 cans are still readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.