PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
My prize from the last Caption Contest arrived yesterday. It is a Brigham Chinook #29 which is kind of a bent apple. This pipe is great, well made, open draw. It is smoking wonderfully even though I have just started breaking it in. Cool, dry, the flavor of the tobacco shines through. I have only smoked it with the maple filter in place so far but will try it without as well. I have never had a Brigham before but would certainly recommend them based on this one. Thanks again to Kevin & Greg.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I real need to find my comedic thinking cap so that I can win one of these pipes one of these days. That pipe is beautiful. Congratulations, and enjoy many great bowls.

soggycitybob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I've been entering the contest for the last few months and this gives me more motivation to keep on trying. Great pipe!

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
Beautiful pipe, and my favorite shape. Easy to clench and comfortable to hold, Just right. Congrats sir!

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Congratulations. And Thanks for the report on how the pipe smokes with the filters. That's a very nice looking sandblast finish. :clap:

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
That's a beautiful pipe. I really like the color and the sandblast looks very good. Congrats on your win...like the others in the thread I hope to win one someday!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That's awesome - congrats, that's a great looking pipe. Curious how those maple filters are (I wonder if they sweeten the smoke too).

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Six, you ought to try one some time, they're surprisingly good! They filter as well as any other system,

and they have the added advantage of being able to pass a pipe cleaner. Too, it doesn't hurt that they

keep the smoke stream in contact with wood for most of the draw. Sweeter? I dunno know about that, but

they produce a nice, cool and dry smoke.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Nice pipe. I've been looking to purchase a Brigham for my next PAD when I get the approval from the battle axe. ha ha
I'm very curious to see how they smoke. I've heard great things.
I doubt I'll ever win one of those caption contest's.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Six, you ought to try one some time, they're surprisingly good! They filter as well as any other system,

and they have the added advantage of being able to pass a pipe cleaner. Too, it doesn't hurt that they

keep the smoke stream in contact with wood for most of the draw. Sweeter? I dunno know about that, but

they produce a nice, cool and dry smoke.
Thanks cortez -I just might. I tend to avoid anything that requires constant purchasing (like filters), but the maple filter idea (as opposed to the balsa filter) intrigues me.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Lovely pipe.

Any suggestions for those of us still in the game, for this months caption?

I was thinking along the line of Chris Angel's Levitating Blend ...

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Sweet. It has the earmarks of a fine smoking pipe. Congrats. Now I'm off to see what I can do about winning that caption contest.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Thanks cortez -I just might. I tend to avoid anything that requires constant purchasing (like filters), but the maple filter idea (as opposed to the balsa filter) intrigues me.

In my one-smoke experience, I'd say there was not "sweetening" of the smoke; it tasted just great, like it should. And the paperwork with the pipe says that they are good for up to 30-ish smokes so not a lot to fuss with as far as I can tell. And I read, in a pinch, one can clean it to stretch the usability with alcohol!

Status
Not open for further replies.