PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
pt-rmc0050.png

Saw this on P&C today. "Blood Red Moon" was the first tobacco I really liked when I got started, so I'll have to try this new one! Available for preorder.
Description from P&C:
"It's a conspiracy...a conspiracy, I tell ya! From the folks who brought you the best-selling cherry blend on P&C, Blood Red Moon, and the smooth, mellow Abacus, Cult is proud to bring you their most intrguing blend yet. Let us introduce you to Cult Conspiracy. It all starts with premium golden Virginias and a special black Cavendish, made from specially selected Green River one-sucker Burley. These are combined with a modicum of rich, reddish Burley, and finished by the addition of an unusual element - a bit of smoky Cyprian Latakia. The creamy-sweet flavor that is applied to Conspiracy contains a wonderful, warm vanilla and a touch of clover honey. When combined with the subtle influence of the Latakia, the result is a mellow sweetness with a slightly floral note. If you like Latakia but don't enjoy the withering glare from those who are around you, Cult Conspiracy might be the perfect answer. Give it a try. One thing we can guarantee is that you've never experienced a blend like it before."

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sounds interesting. You may also be interested in Pasha's Dream from Cornell & Diehl.
http://m.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=138741

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the tip! I'm coming to find that aromatic blends that include latakia are some of the ones I enjoy the most at this point. Flavor + smoky body. Many typical aromatics feel too thin to me.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Never had Cult Conspiracy, but I do enjoy C&D Sweet English, which is a Latakia blend with a caramel topping. While it will never win over a woman's heart, it is a great smoky sweet aro for evenings by the fire.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Blenders seem to have put a lot of effort behind these hybrid blends, or partially aromatics, and I think it's a positive change. Too much candy-aromatic grosses out the naturals smokers, but some of the lightly flavored blends have a complementary relationship between the leaf and the topping. I think it's part of a great brilliant plan to move aromatics smokers to the point where they are equally open to naturals.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
The blends are made by Lane Limited for the company that makes Cult cigars.
Russ

Thanks Russ! I noticed that the Cult website only shows their cigars; no mention of their pipe tobaccos. Maybe this is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.