PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
Eric,

As president of United Pipe Clubs of America I congratulate you on trying to start a club...unfortunately without much success at least on this forum. So keep trying! There has to be other pipe smokers out there in Connecticut. There's pipe club in Albany and NYC and Boston. But if I here of any I will get back to you.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Rav What part of the state are you in? I'm in Ny but just over the border from Danbury and I'd be interested in a club in ct

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
OK, let's try this again. Any Connecticut pipe smokers who might be interested in starting a club? I live in Cheshire, and in a few days, I'll be putting up posters in various locations, but the forum seems a good place to start.

last go around I didn't get much in the way of responses, but hope springs eternal, so let's try again.

OK, so we know Connecticut is small, but the good news is it doesn't take too long to get anywhere. Cheshire, for example, is only 20 minutes from New Haven. (by telephone!) So let's hear it for Connecticut!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I live a short distance from Greenwich in NY and although I am a member of the NYC pipe club, if the meeting is not too far away from me, I could be persuaded to come.
Allan

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
If you're willing to drive, there will be a pipe smokers meet-up in Fall River Mass. I know theses guys have a lot of fun at these events. 8O

http://www.smokersforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=112891

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
And here I thought I was the only CT guy... It would be nice to have other people to smoke with. If you do get anything rolling shoot me a PM. I'm in the Hartford/manchester area.

ronfedele

Lurker
Apr 15, 2013
I am a long time cigar smoker who just started dabbling in pipes. I am in the New Britain area.
Ron

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Hello all,
I am currently in law school in Massachusetts but commute from somers ct. New to pipe smoking but loving every minute of it already!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I understand CT is a big state for growing cigar tobacco, and at least a small amount of that is

used in pipe tobacco blends I see offered. So you might have a little home-grown 'baccy for

your meetings. Here in N.C., we still have a substantial tobacco crop, though a shadow of its

former self, Cornell-Diehl tobacco blending in Morganton, Dr. Grabow pipe manufacturing in

Sparta up near the Va. border, and more artisan pipe carvers than I've learned yet. If you scratch

around, who knows what you'll find.

captainpeg

Lurker
Mar 27, 2013
Connecticut member here. Bridgeport area. I tried this once on another forum with no real results. Glad to see you're trying and I'm in.

I would suggest some B&M for meets, maybe the Owl Shop in New Haven where one can smoke a pipe or cigar and have a coffee or a drink from the bar. Just an idea to get us started.

I would also suggest putting some fliers in any B&M that may still be in business in your area. I had wanted to start one using the Owl Shop as a location simply because it's a drive for most eveyone.

Randy

Feel free to PM if you want any input or help.

piper86

Lurker
May 1, 2013
Yes. I would be interested in forming a pipe club. I also can arrange to have meetings or gatherings at my local cigar and pipe shop. Nothing to formal just everyone brings a different blend and sample. I live in newtown area if that works for those interested.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
I am a member of "The Hudson Valley Pipe Club" (HVPC) and I live right on the NY/CT border in Dutchess County, NY. I would love to meet up with anyone in CT who would be interested in forming a club. If you are interested, maybe you would like to hang out with HVPC in the meantime?
There are a few places in CT that would be "pipe friendly". Should be fairly easy to set something up. Anyone interested in meeting up for a smoke session, feel free to PM me, I am always looking for fellow "pipesters". ---Sean aka "DoverPipes"

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Piper86: Yes. I would be interested in forming a pipe club. I also can arrange to have meetings or gatherings at my local cigar and pipe shop. Nothing to formal just everyone brings a different blend and sample. I live in newtown area if that works for those interested.
Would that happen to be "Big Buddha Cigar Lounge" ?

If so, I'd be game to meet up someday for a smoke.

Sean-- aka "DoverPipes"

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
IS Big Buddah the only place in Newtown that sells Pipe Tobacco? I've been looking for a B&M in that area with out a lot of luck. I have yet to make it to Big Buddah.
I've picked up a few tins in Danbury though at Butthead's.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Buttheads on Rt. 37 used to have pretty decent selection of pipe tobacco.

I noticed a jump in prices a while back. Not sure if CT upped their tobacco taxes then.
The HVPC meets on the first Wednesday of each month.

The club is a fairly tight group, but guests / new members are welcome!

As with any club, it's not a bad idea to meet some of the members and get to see if the club is what you are looking for. Myself and "The President" are the youngest members at 45. The ages go up from there. (Not to say that younger members can't join, just giving you the age range.)

The locations are usually in Newburgh & Pleasant Valley, NY.

We will also planning some "road trips" this Summer.
Hit me up with an e-mail if anyone is interested in having a smoke and possibly some "adult beverages", along with some good conversation. My e-mail is: doverpipes(at)aol(dot)com (I hate spam bots!). Introduce youeself and I'll fire off a reply.
Cheers & Happy Smokes!

Sean aka "DoverPipes"

Status
Not open for further replies.