PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yes, you read that right. It was a sealed 4oz tin and though the aged BS is rare, the 4oz tins are especially rare. My birthday is tomorrow too! I started a thread awhile back, the gist of which asked the question of what would you do if someone gave you something just like this. Do you sell it for the $1000 it would reap on ebay or crack it open and smoke it. Well this afternoon I did the latter. And yes it is very good. I took a video of me opening it. If you want to see it go to Facebook.com/ThePipery. I don't know how to post videos on here. I made sure to wear my Pipesmagazine shirt too.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Hi buddy, ol' pal, ol' friend, ol' mate, ol' chum!!!! Ya lucky bum, ya!!!! :clap: :worship:
You did the right thing, man. Color me envious!

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
That was a awesome gesture from Condor. Enjoy it as I am sure you will. :puffy:

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Wow that is amazing, the pipe project is bringing you good deeds rewarded. That would easily go for 1000$ on ebay. I'd have trouble cracking that tin.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=681299361951463&set=vb.184513381630066&type=2&theater Here is the video

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Condor is also the fellow who brings back Euro baccy for folks, correct? One good member treating another good member right, it's good to see.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yes same guy, he only smokes Condor. And he has not only given me this tin but some beautiful 1920's era Meers. I smoked the first bowl in a Meer Canadian with Amber stem. I will post that video too. Sadly there is not enough to go around forum wide, but I have contacted a few fellows that have been extremely generous to me over the years and they will get a few bowls.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Very generous of Simon. Thanks for posting the video of the opening -- that was way cool.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Sadly there is not enough to go around forum wide,

Trust me, savor it, you deserve it. Funny thing I saw a 100 gram tin on ebay and had a buy it now price of 35$, and from the pics the plastic top was on, and the listing stated that the value was in the empty tin. When I enquired well are the contents still in it, I got this "READ THE DESCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" response from this person who's like "we strive for 100% approval rating". So I stated it was a very vague description, as most people would simply state empty tin of balkan sobranie, and most likely have a picture of the empty tin, not with the lid on. I guess she probably got a few 1000 questions about it. I just found it quite a rude response. Usually when it says the value is in the empty tin that's code for there's tobacco in it, it's just you're buying it for the tin to abide by ebay rules of selling tobacco in a tin.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I will tell you what is impressive about this. The fact that shaintiques was so damn calm in the video, lol. I would have been shaking and trembling like a junkie. Well done sir and well deserved! Cheers to you Condor.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
What would you have said if a large spring loaded snake had popped out of the tin? Happy Birthday David and may you have many more to come. That tobacco is wasted on me as I would just mix it with Condor so it made someones day special. I am sure if you are ever so nice Dave will sell you a dime bag of the stuff!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
As an after thought I have a 2 oz one and an unopened tin of 759 if anyone is interested. PM when I return at month end and not before. If you make a donation to a Saint of my choice in my late Mothers name you own the stuff!

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Wow, great video for one. You looked like you were a giddy school kid opening that and rightly so. Not to mention that beautiful back ground. Is that where you live? I am now jealous on two fonts. That amazing tobacco and that amazing location. Enjoy it as I'm sure you will! :clap:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
A generous gesture to be sure. Congrats. I totally agree - you did the right thing. This is the sort of experience one only has once. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.