PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
Are there any Condor like tobaccos that are more easily accessible?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
To me...
St. Bruno Tinned Pipe Tobaccos

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Conniston Cut Plug
They are both good(to me), but there is only one Mighty Condor... :worship:

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I’m a big fan of condor long cut, but as it is a pain to source, I have found gl pease Stonehenge scratches that particular itch enough. Not quite as heavy, but it does the trick. Occasionally erinmore flake even though the topping is farther from condor. But that’s for the flake, not sure about the RR. A Gawith Hogarth blend perhaps?

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
I ordered G.L. Please Stonehenge and I'm hoping that does the trick. Man I wish I'd made that last plug of Condor last.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Still have a couple long cut flakes and a ½" X ½" bit of plug left...waiting for a special day...birthday or anniversary...something really really special to smoke the last of this wonderful treasure.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
St. Bruno for sure, like a lighter version of Condor. Same idear but different variation. Some also say that Irish Flake scratches that same itch. I find them to be very different but it’s worth a try. Ya might also want to try Dark Flake scented.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’m apparently the only one that thinks the Condor Plug made in Poland tastes pretty much exactly like the stuff made in Ireland. Embers, I didn’t even know you liked Condor, I’ve never heard you mention it before. Ya learn something new everyday, and all that jazz.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Agreed with Weezell, there's only one Condor.
But, since GH&Co. blends are mentioned, I'll throw in Broken Flake #7.
Definitely not Condor, but might just scratch that itch. :wink:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Embers, I didn’t even know you liked Condor
Oldreddog sent me a pouch back in 2015, then I cut a deal with Maxim and got 20 plugs dirt cheap a few years ago. It's what got me started on Lakelands.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
This sample of War Horse Bar that Ashdigger sent out..is the closest I've come to something in the neighborhood of Condor...of course it is unavailable but the taste is similar.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Are there any Condor like tobaccos that are more easily accessible?"
Sorry chum but there is no substitute for the Mighty Condor.
As for the Polish stuff, I cannot comment to say, but such Condor aficionados as Weezell and Condorlover suggest it's not a patch on the original tobacco.
"It's what got me started on Lakelands."
Duane, Condor is not and has never been a 'Lakeland Tobacco'.
I'm astonished to read you say that 8O
Regards,
Jay.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Mawnansmiff: the Polish Condor is awful. I'd suggest burying it deep, but it's against the law to throw toxic waste in a land fill.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Nearly all reviews comment on its floral soapiness, and most even call it a lakeland.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
No real substitute, but some Condor lovers in the past have suggested: Peterson's Hyde Park and GW Rich Dark Honeydew. I love Condor, and I use these when I get the urge to smoke Condor, but don't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.