PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_Lawrence

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2019
I was considering making a thread about this to ask what people's favourite tobaccos/blends are for the aftertaste.

It hadn't been a significant element to the smoking experience until I got my hands on the fabled Peterson (Dunhill) Nightcap and Elizabethan Blend. Both have amazing aftertaste but the Elizabethan Blend is outright phenomenal.

That immediately became my favourite blend of all and the most unique smelling and tasting of all that I've tried. It's a very woody scent, wood not as in living trees but timber—this isn't to say it tastes or smells exactly like wood but that it's the closest thing to compare it to character wise. The aftertaste reminds me of a freshly sharpened pencil, or rather the shavings minus the graphite dust - somewhere between that and freshly sawn timber, and it's so so good and I can only hope the blends don't go away again now I've got a literal taste for it.

Nightcap's aftertaste on the other hand reminds me of autumn leaves in the rain mixed with bread pudding, the latter probably not being the most universal of references (even in England, I don't know how many people even make bread pudding anymore - it's more a 'Greatest Generation' thing that our parents/grandparents made).

I tend not to relate to most of the flavour descriptions I read anyway so I'm interested in how mine differ to others', I'm almost always reading about fruit and really don't get that from any non-aromatics save for maybe the odd raisin or dried fruit dark rich flavours.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Kramer’s Extra Smooth aftertaste: Fresh Autumn Leaves on the ground.

Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky: smoked molasses.

a couple I enjoy.
I find Latakia blends to get stuck in my sinuses and I can’t stop smelling cow shit.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I really don't enjoy any aftertates, that's something I never really understood. In fact I brush my teeth with baking soda and peroxide toothpaste immediately following every bowl if I'm able. I do this to cleanse my pallet for the next bowl later on and to minimize my my exposure to third hand toxins (please roll eyes more quietly)..

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.