Show Us Your Comoy's (Collectors Thread)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
I had a bunch of Comoy's at one point including a set of 5 of the 800 series magnum sized pipes.
Some very beautiful pipes, I'm down to the last two because I loved the shapes. The Oom Paul is an Extraordinaire 235 that sits in a vintage Comoy's ceramic rack made in Italy with a Sasieni and Dunhill of the same shape.

IMG_4148.JPG

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4152.JPG

The other is an Extraordinaire 499 shape, I believe it's called a Rhodesian...

IMG_4149.JPG

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I had a bunch of Comoy's at one point including a set of 5 of the 800 series magnum sized pipes.
Some very beautiful pipes, I'm down to the last two because I loved the shapes. The Oom Paul is an Extraordinaire 235 that sits in a vintage Comoy's ceramic rack made in Italy with a Sasieni and Dunhill of the same shape.

View attachment 295157

View attachment 295158

View attachment 295159

View attachment 295160

View attachment 295161
Wow, well you kept the lookers for sure! Did you ever have a 214 or 215?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc

View attachment 295157

View attachment 295158

View attachment 295159

View attachment 295160

View attachment 295161
Love all those, especially the triple Oom-Paul set!

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Wow! So nice to see this Comoy pipe thread I started so long ago (on July 4, 2013) is still up & running here in March 2024! My apologies for not posting for so many years. Life sort of took over. You'll be interested (and perhaps a bit sad) to know that not only were all the pipes in the original green velvet case of six unsmoked Comoy's actually smoked - I had initially thought to keep them all unsmoked as a family heirloom - but, also, alas, they were all split up and sold. I only have two left, the two billiards. Money was tight and I had to break up the set to sell. Some sold on eBay & some to Smokingpipes. A member here managed to snag the library bent one through Smokingpipes & he posted a thread on it. He joked he's like to buy my boxed set, little realizing that he had indeed actually bought one of them! Glad it went to a good home. Originally I had bought the set of six cased unsmoked Comoy's from a German fellow who was selling his late father's estate in Barvaria. After telling him I planned to keep them in museum condition (pristine & unsmoked), he told me his father regretted not smoking them. Lol. So anyways that's what happened to them. Brings a bit of closure to the story. Hope everyone is happy & healthy and enjoying their briar pipes!

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Wow! So nice to see this Comoy pipe thread I started so long ago (on July 4, 2013) is still up & running here in March 2024! My apologies for not posting for so many years. Life sort of took over. You'll be interested (and perhaps a bit sad) to know that not only were all the pipes in the original green velvet case of six unsmoked Comoy's actually smoked - I had initially thought to keep them all unsmoked as a family heirloom - but, also, alas, they were all split up and sold. I only have two left, the two billiards. Money was tight and I had to break up the set to sell. Some sold on eBay & some to Smokingpipes. A member here managed to snag the library bent one through Smokingpipes & he posted a thread on it. He joked he's like to buy my boxed set, little realizing that he had indeed actually bought one of them! Glad it went to a good home. Originally I had bought the set of six cased unsmoked Comoy's from a German fellow who was selling his late father's estate in Barvaria. After telling him I planned to keep them in museum condition (pristine & unsmoked), he told me his father regretted not smoking them. Lol. So anyways that's what happened to them. Brings a bit of closure to the story. Hope everyone is happy & healthy and enjoying their briar pipes!
Ah, life happens.
And one does what one must

I have often wondered what happened to that wonderful set as it really inspired me to get a few older Britwoods

They may have fetched more in an unsmoked state.
But I’m pleased to learn you put flame to them.
Also happy to learn some ended up with people who will cherish them
puffy

Reactions: kashmir

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I thought I saw Kashmir posted and I thought, holy crap, I bet say something. Nice to hear from you again. I started on this forum for about 3 days before it looks like. I think I remember starting a thread around the time I started asking about who could possibly buy 5 pounds of one kind of tobacco at a time. It was beyond my comprehension at the time. I believe Kashmir spoke up, and he had just bought 5 pounds of some English blend and he had pics of him jarring it up.

Reactions: kashmir

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Yep. Used to buy 5lbs of Star of the East to jar for the cellar. Smoke mainly cigars now but I'll sit with a pipe for spell every now & then. Especially in the fall / winter months. Cheers,
Ah, life happens.
And one does what one must

I have often wondered what happened to that wonderful set as it really inspired me to get a few older Britwoods

They may have fetched more in an unsmoked state.
But I’m pleased to learn you put flame to them.
Also happy to learn some ended up with people who will cherish them
puffy
Thanks Oz. Yep, every pipe deserves to fulfill its destiny & be smoked.

Reactions: OzPiper