PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Once you get to St. Claude, it's a small world. Comoy, Chacom (I own two of these), Ropp (I own one of these), Chapuis-Comoy (I used to own one of those). Because of the subject, I have the delusion of being able to use my ever rusty French to read this article.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Because of the subject, I have the delusion of being able to use my ever rusty French to read this article.
It auto translates into English on my computer. I didn't realize it was in French. :oops:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So far as I know, Comoy and Chacom are still producing pipes. I was alarmed to learn Butz-Choquin has closed down, another of the grand old names. PC still has a few to sell at 20% off. I've always thought French pipes were well above their price in quality.

Reactions: trouttimes

Celius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2019
Are modern Chacom pipes in general of a better quality than the modern Comoys?

Reactions: JMcQ
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Chacom and B Choqin are both operating, furthermore, I have reason to believe that Chacom is who produces currently Comoys branded pipes, in my experience with quite a number of various French makes,all I can say French-made pipes are above their price in quality, especially the briar what they use for their pipes.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I see.
Somehow thought that the modern Chacoms are of better quality.
Chacoms can be wonderful pipes depending on the grade,( from 90$ and up)
If you want to be on the safe side and still keen to have a French-made pipe I'd urge you to take a look-see at the at Nuttenpipes.com his an artisan carver operating in France and does offer meticulously crafted pipes at a pretty reasonable price,his pipes do have some resemblance to Chacoms but arguably are better finished with a bit more open draw,yet I would presume he would ship to North American destinations as well,

Reactions: supperthyme
Status
Not open for further replies.