PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone

I’ve recently acquired a collection of a few nice pipes. Some of which I’m sure will make their way on to these boards. To learn about them I have read Pipedia, Pipephil, these threads, and lots of blogs... this pipe doesn’t seem to line up as far as stamping and stem goes. I’m wondering if it could be a replacement stem or what.

I’m not sure what I expect just hoping will have a clearer idea of what’s going on.

Thoughts?

Also I just wanted to share a beautiful pipe

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
That IS incredibly beautiful! It is also quite an early piece as the COM stamp is Made in England and Comoy's is in an arch. I love that thick shank... awesome pipe!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Wow thanks, I couldn’t see the three part inlay of the C on the stem so I assumed it was a later post-Cadogan pipe, and I hadn’t seen any extraordinaires from that era. So I just decided to ask.

I’ll be honest, I lucked into this pipe, along with a couple others I’ll be asking about.

I’ve only been smoking a few years and I feel like this is still above my “pay grade”

Any thoughts or words for a new smoker with pipes too nice for him?

Aug 1, 2012
Beautiful pipe! The stem is original as a few before have said. It's been agressively buffed while off of the pipe but that isn't a huge deal. I wonder if it has been refinished/restained as the stamping is significantly darker than I would expect. If you decide to sell it, hit me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.