Commissioned Meerschaum Recommendations?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I only have one meer purchased on eBay... Not very high quality but inexpensive. I can't say it is a great smoker but not bad either... Get what we pay for I figure.
At any rate, I'd like to get a decent meer ( not wanting to spend hundreds but willing to pay for decent quality workmanship). I would like it carved to look like the Jacksonville Jaguar logo which is a pretty simple design.
Who do you recommend I contact for this project?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
One of the Turkish lot will do it for you - in fact I think one of them sponsors pipes magazine. I find the pipe carvers are very good until you ask them to clone a late 19th century 'cutty' meerschaum and then you get the full on Manuel from Faulty Towers treatment when they say …'ke?' to you and look helpless. Trust me I have lived out there and I long ago concluded that this request was an impossibility.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
"
At any rate, I'd like to get a decent meer ( not wanting to spend hundreds but willing to pay for decent quality workmanship). I would like it carved to look like the Jacksonville Jaguar logo which is a pretty simple design.

"
Blake Bortels was my top rated QB going into the NFL Draft. Great pick and I would be excited too if I were a Jags fan. I'm kind of happy with Drew Brees :wink:

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
"

"
Blake Bortels was my top rated QB going into the NFL Draft. Great pick and I would be excited too if I were a Jags fan. I'm kind of happy with Drew Brees :wink:
I would expect the Cleveland Browns fans are happy too.
Anyway, I had meerschaumstore.com create a Saints' pipe for me, cost about $220. The ritual will be to fire it up at every opening Kickoff.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks guys... Seeing as my daughter is a UCF grad and I really liked what Bortles did there, I'm pretty psyched about the pick. Many local fans are lukewarm about him but most didn't watch him play and he just wasn't on the radar. All in all, I'm happy with our draft this year.
My next meer, if I'm happy with the Jags pipe will be a PGA Tour design or Players Championsip design. Hmmm... Maybe something with the 17th island green?

Status
Not open for further replies.