PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
I know I'm not the only nerd here who loves comic books. So who else is with me? What are you reading?
Right now I have the following on my pull list:

Chew

The Goon

Hellboy

Saga
Plus, I'm looking forward to the Thrilling Adventure Hour comics coming next year.

greatbrittn

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
Upstate, South Carolina
I'm currently re-reading the Avengers vs. X-Men storyline. During the VS comics, who wouldn't love a fight between Magneto and Ironman? If you think that Magneto would win that one handily, then you don't know Tony Stark. I enjoyed it a lot the first time, so I'm bound to see something I may have missed with the first read.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I've been slacking but I just picked up the Afterlife with Archie trade and I have been rereading Sweet Tooth, Popbot and Lemire's Swamp Thing and Animal Man lately.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Was heavily into comic books as a collector. Sold most of my valuable comics for about $6,000. Did this so my wife and I could get a jump on eliminating our debt which we are in my opinion are really close to accomplishing. I still read The Goon, Invincible, Locke and Key. I pretty much boycotted marvel and not a huge fan of DC. If you get a chance check out Cemetery Blues had a little stint but we'll worth the read.

ericthered

Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
I collected and read comics back in 91/92, pretty much anything I could spend my paperboy money on. I've been holding onto those, hoping that they would appreciate, but some articles I've read have identified the early-nineties as the worst collectible period ever. Oh well. Maybe I'll hold onto them for another 10 or 20 years and see what I can get for them then. As long as the wife keeps putting up with them cluttering up closet space.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I've been into comics since I was a kid when I got hooked on the X-Men. I stopped reading them for a spell until I joined the Navy and met some other guys who still bought comics, so we did some swapping in which I got more into graphic novels. I read through all the Guardians of the Galaxy before seeing the movie (had never read any prior to the announcement of the movie). I was reading some of the Age of Apocalypse books again but got sidetracked by school.
Aside from GotG and the Age of Apocalypse, I revisited the Frank Miller Dark Knight books, some of the Supermans (never was a big Superman fan) and the Watchmen in the last couple years. I just don't get to read for fun as much as I'd like to because I'm reading books and text for classes.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Garth Ennis yer only man.
I like a Lot of Alan Moore's stuff, especially before he disappeared up his own psychotropic mushroom.

crusher47

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2014
Collected mainly in the late 70's/early 80's. Favorites were Daredevil, Spiderman, Hulk, Thor, Green Lantern & Green Arrow.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I used to be a huge X-Men nerd, collecting all of the associated titles (New Mutants, Alpha Flight, the Wolverine and Nightcrawler mini-series, X-Factor). I bought a few DC/Vertigo titles as well - Justice League, Green Lantern, Sandman, Hellblazer - and a few of the other publishers' imprints - Elfquest, Cerberus, Usagi Yojimbo.
Funds ran out in the early 90's, and I got out of the comics habit. Tempted to see if some of my old favorites are now available digitally...

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I read comics...when I was like 7-8.

That is too bad, many of the best stories and artists appeal to kids but are truly appreciated by adults. Anyone who thinks they have outgrown Brian K. Vaughan's writing or can no longer apreciate the art work of people like Jack Kirby and Jean "Moebius" Giraud is truly missing out.

Funds ran out in the early 90's, and I got out of the comics habit. Tempted to see if some of my old favorites are now available digitally.

Most are but there is also trades. I rarely buy individual comics anymore because I don't want to worry about getting to them and making so many trips but I will wait till they combine them into a trade and buy that way. It saves you quite a bit and are much easier to store.

mromagna

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
I just went to a local Con where I met the artist of a new Archie's spin off entitled Sabrina. He was so passionate about it that even though I'm not an Archie fan I bought the first issue. Other than that I've been trolling the dollar boxes just grabbing what looks cool.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I haven't done much in the way of comics in a while. I do enjoy quite a few web comics. I did however end up getting the Cyclops solo books. I only have the first two right now; and now I have been reminded to look for the third. Have a good one.

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
The frank miller batmans are amazing, I WANT to read hellboy...

I just finished usaji yo jimbo grass-cutter, and just started reading preacher

unholy1

Might Stick Around
May 4, 2014
Not into superhero comics, but I do have a penchant for old, pre-code EC horror comics: Tales from the Crypt, Haunt of Fear, etc. I can't afford the originals, so I pick up the Gladstone reprints from the '90s when I see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.