Come Now, It's Really the Proper Thing to Do...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I just don't think it is relevant to have an avatar featuring your person... An avatar helps for name recall, but that is about it.

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
I also agree that the main thing is the information shared and conversation. However it does help to become familiar with someone if there is some kind of personalized image is used. Whether it is a pic of the person or their favorite pipe, or something that reflects their personality is not important to me personally.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I choose to remain somewhat anonymous (is that like saying "very unique?) because I have a reputation to hide.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
rothnh.jpg

I just spotted @rothnh on the street—snapped a picture for you all, his avatar is accurate after all!
(just teasing rothnh!)

wagnon85

Might Stick Around
Apr 25, 2010
My avatar IS me! Only thing is I am covered in a Boba Fett costume! But that is me underneath! hehe

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I try not to let who is saying something effect how I interpret the information. All opinions should be given equal weight. This is why I don't want people to know if I'm a 20 year old black female or a 89 year old white Chinese man. Keeps the playing field balanced, in my opinion anyway :)

Jan 8, 2013
Since St Patty's Day is over I have said goodbye to the pipe smoking leprechaun and replaced it with a pipe smoking bunny. :) I'm so cute I make myself want to puke.

Status
Not open for further replies.