Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
Hey nemrod thanks ! how long does it take for me to recieve my email? (i was pretty unclear in my email address i meant to communicate use my screen name on here -stacen- at gmail

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
It should've arrived already, hasn't it? :/ Gonna check so I didn't misspell it
edit: nah it should be the right address, are you sure you haven't gotten a mail?

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
thanks mate i'll send you a pm with the correct spelling i am looking forward to checking it out!

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
still no joy! hahah i can't believe how much curiosity this is genereating for me!

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
stacen: looks like I was using the right address, strange, but sent another one so let's see if it gets through now :)
edit: baskerville: a mail is heading your way :)

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
got in somehow by clicking the link you posted above? it says on g+ that you invited me but i did not get an email? weird, but thanks again for the invite the site looks cool...

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
baskerville59: if you click to the post shared with you you should be able to join - if not then they're either throttling the intake and you should get in soon, or you need to connect your address to Google before you can join

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I'm curious to know if one of you that aren't in the others circle can use a link to the profile and add someone - that way you won't have to give out e-mails (which is why I opted to use PMs) but instead can post your profile link! :)

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
How the hell do you invite others? I've got a couple of friends begging to be invited, but I can't seem to figure it out.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Google is an interesting company. They don't penalize any employee for a failed product and all employees are allowed to spend time on concepts they thought up. I remember when the internet as a whole was that way, but now most dotcoms are all SRS BSNS and corporatized. I always like to watch a new Google product for a bit before I sign up. It's kind of like buying the first generation of a new car - the bugs haven't even been thought of yet.
As a white hat hacker, um... I mean Strategic Data Analyst... let me address privacy concerns: if you want something to remain private, keep it off the computer. Don't scan it, don't sit it near your computer, don't tell your kids who own and use a computer... You can find EVERYTHING on the internet if you look hard enough. It's actually how I found our oldest child after DFCS had lost his file, placed him in a group home, and told him he had just imagined having siblings. Privacy is just an illusion - people who want to find info on you can find it and people who don't care just don't look hard enough. The trick is to generate so much information that the bad stuff is buried under a pile of stuff you want people to see. Most folks won't click more than 3 pages into a search engine and honestly, most people aren't interesting enough to give more than 3 clicks to.

shimrra

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
LOL i'm lucky, if you google my real name, so much flack comes up about a pedo stat atorny that hung himself and a black barber in NYC, that a lot of my stuff is buried. i also keep an eye on what emails/usernames i use and anything i don't want associated with me gets a different one, and i have one i ONLY use for things like jobs and paypal so googling it gets almost no hits
another google product i LOVE at the moment is

voice.google.com

it's nice to be able to text friends from a computer *click click* walk away and keep the convo going, instead of sitting in front of a computer texting.
BTW, still waiting for my invite!

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
Bubba: someone on the inside is gonna need your Google-connected e-mail, add you to a circle and share something with that circle (with the e-mail checkbox ticked). If you PM/post your e-mail I can do it :)

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I checked it out . Definitely for the younger set who feel they have to be connected to thier friends and the net 24/7 . As someone who gets 50 plus phone calls a day and 150 plus emails [the important kind ] it would just be adding another ball to the ball and chain of the cell phone . Iam sure it will be integrated into all the smart phones and be a big hit . My 16 year old daughter thinks it is cool . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.