Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Hey all..... just wanted to let you know about an upcoming even.... Mark your Calendars for Sunday November 4th from 12-5pm. I have attached a flier with all the info so I hope to see some of you there.
Address: 33 E College Ave, Westerville, OH 43081
20181015_124613-382x600.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Will the Browns game be on at the event?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've always been mystified by the term "trunk show." Does that mean the merchandise being offered arrives in trunks? I wouldn't ask except that I have been puzzling over this wording for eons. Sounds like an intriguing event. Take, or don't take, your credit card, depending on your intentions. Here we go:
Aug 2, 2010 ... A typical trunk show is when the fashion designer or vendor brings their line to a boutique for a special in-shop showing for the store's customers (the items used to be carried in a trunk, thus the name).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...probably the carvers sell their pipes and the venue gets a commission for hosting and publicizing the event, I'd guess.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
and with the "new and much improved management" hoping to drum up some returning customers and/or bring awareness to the central Ohio pipe community that a pipe shop still exists in the area and isn't just a cigar shop with a few bulk house blends and a half dozen random tins to choose from.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

They do have TV's in the shop so I would imagine so but I have no authority to make it happen nor can I promise that it will.
No promises needed. I was half jokingly asking. I may and try to make it up? It sounds interesting. The Bengals are off that day so the Browns should be on regular network?

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Great turn out. Great (free) food, Larger assortment of pipes than expected. Some nice to find tins. Old school front porch. Fire pit out back.

Status
Not open for further replies.