PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I too am in columbus. I have asked this before. There used to be a sporadic meet up at a shop in powell that has now closed.
Smokers haven used to be a gathering place, but to my knowledge their new shop has limited hours and no smoking.
Pipes and pleasures in whitehall usually has pipe and cigar smokers hanging out there.
But no official club or gathering in the central ohio region. There is a club in cleveland if you want to make the drive.
We should really just start a club.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
There is something going on in Columbus these days. I can't remember the particulars but you may be able

to search this site for an announcement or two. Central Ohio something or other. I don't know if it actually took flight or not.

Mike S.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
delkhouri - We really should! I wonder if the Tinder Box or Barclay's would be interested? Barclay's is a bit small though.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Pipes and Pleasures I suspect may not be around much longer.. generally when the shelves start to get bare and the humi is half full it's not a good sign.
I did stop in the day of the new pipe club organizational meeting and donated my email.. But, it seems to have disappeared.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Neither Tinderbox has a whole lot of room.. Maybe Easton when it's warm and we could take the end of Fados patio. I'm usually smoking my pipe at Govenors a couple of times a week and never felt out of place. Anyhow, not sure why one would need a Tobacco shop anywhere with a heated patio would do.. The Barn 62/Morse has a nice fire pit heated smoking area.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
The guys at Tinderbox in Easton are great. Stop in and talk to them if your looking for a gathering place, it's not real big but the staff is awesome.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I think the tinderbox locations as well as barclays are probably all too small.
Is anyone a regular/semi-regular at governers that wouldn't mind asking?

lyle37

Lurker
Oct 8, 2016
Hello all, I am new to the site, I live up in Delaware, I was wondering if you had formed a club in Columbus? I am looking for some sort of group around the area...
Thanks?

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Governors Smoke Shop in Westerville May be your best bet for a location..
Hilliard denizen here.
Never even heard of Governor's, I'll need to check that out.
If you're looking for Esoterica blends and you haven't checked out the Dublin Tinder Box on Franz Road, you may just need to find a reason to visit there. The proprietor (dunno if he's the owner) is Mike, older gentleman with a long white beard. Knows what he's about and he can/will get you HTF blends. Doesn't sell them other than via walk-in, but he's an interesting guy and the pipe and tin selection is worth the drive anyway.

lyle37

Lurker
Oct 8, 2016
So I thought I'd bring some light back to this post. It's spring and I've been smoking out on my front porch and have been thinking about the idea of getting something organized here in central Ohio. I rather liked the above suggestion of Easton, although the Tinderbox there doesn't have the best selection of pipe tobaccos, but it's a nice environment. So who's interested? I usually free on the weekends and evenings after 6.

whiteburleydude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2017
I was going to say.. Columbus has a large pipe collectors club. I would imagine they have a smoking club also. NASPC has a large pipe show every year. By the way, what is the Cleveland Oh club name?

lyle37

Lurker
Oct 8, 2016
Hello all! Some news to share, we have formed a club here in central Ohio, we are meeting once a month up in Delaware. If anyone is interested please contact me, devonlhardwick@outlook.com
Cheers!

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I stopped in the Tinderbox in Dublin a couple weeks ago and they have a monthly meet up... I think the next meet up was sometime around the 13th or so of March.

youghman57

Lurker
Aug 30, 2015
Coyja,
The Calabashterds met ealier today at Pipes & Pleasures on Main Street in Whitehall, just outside of Bexley. There was a great turnout of pipesmokers. It costs $10 to participate each month. That $10 gets you a tobacco of the month, door prizes, and a short presentation on some aspect of tobacco, tobacco blending, smoking, packing, etc.. There's plenty of time for conversation as the actual presentaion is very short. You are free to bring your own beverage(s) and the group is very friendly. The environment couldn't be more enjoyable and the conversations are as varied as the people who attend. The group is made up of men spanning generations. A fair number of men are in their 30's and 40's. I'm 60 and feel right at home.
Calabashterds meet the first Sunday of each month from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. However, the April meeting is on April 8 since the first Sunday is Easter. We have a special outing planned for that day, but the destination hasn't been nailed down yet. If you send me your email, I will be sure to contact you about the next meeting.
Jeff Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.