PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
North winds whipping, high 43 dogs today, us Southerners aren't used to this, reading James Stewart Bio, led me to revisit How The West Was Won on Amazon Streaming. Great Old Film and Actors, most youngens don't know who Jimmy Stewart is, makes me maudlin and sad, old Codger that I am.

Jan 8, 2013
It's a comfy 54 right now in Fort Worth, Texas, Bradley. Speaking of Jimmy Stewart, I believe I'll enjoy It's A Wonderful Life later tonight.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Sposed to be 32 here tomorrow, in the daytime... NINE whole degrees tonight.
I have been downloading WWII documentaries to watch when nothing else is worth watching. Some of those are VERY interesting.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Dropping fast here in the upper Piedmont of Georgia. A long rainy day. Neighbor had a coronary in his sleep and passed away. I was woken by 2 EMT trucks, a fire truck, a chiefs truck and 3 sheriff's cars. They sent the troops. He did not smoke a pipe but he enjoyed talking with me as I smoked mine. It reminded him of his family. Wife is baking a cake and I am making beef stroganoff to take over. They have about 20 cars parked in their yard. He was looking forward to this cold front.
Y'all stay warm and enjoy the warmth of an extra blanket and a good smoke... And especially enjoy your friends and family.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Chilly and damp here in Taylors, SC. We've got lows in the 30's and even some 20's this weekend and into next week. Yikes.

Dec 28, 2015
38 and dropping here in north Mississippi. Finally cold enough to duck hunt 2 weeks into the season. Looking forward to the weekend.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
James Stewart, miss the old ones to. I believe James Arness was a war hero who was quiet about it...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
35 here in Maryland, which is pretty typical. We haven't had any real cold days yet.
We're watching "The Shop Around the Corner", a holiday favorite (my mother is Hungarian). We already watched "The Bishops Wife" and "White Christmas", so "It's A Wonderful Life" will be on deck.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Prairiedruid has one. Who's the other? It's John Ford, a Rear Admiral when he retired. That's two stars right, you navy guys? I believe that's correct.
Cold is relative. You southern types have my sympathy. I'm looking forward to seeing 50 sometime in April, most likely May.
My brother apologized for the late evening cold one time when I was visiting in California. It was 62 for crying out loud! That's a warm summer's day in my part of the world.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My daughters school in Covington LA is already called off for tomorrow - they are calling for sleet and I guess they have no way of dealing with it.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
We're watching "The Shop Around the Corner", a holiday favorite (my mother is Hungarian).

I had never heard of this one before, and my Grampa was from Hungary....... Thanks Al, this one is going on the "Must Watch" List!............. :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@beef - Here's the IMDB, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033045/ This premise of this movie is what Tom Hanks stole for the nauseating remake called "You've Got Mail". (Ok, perhaps the writers stole the premise, not Hanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.