PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
After reading many posts from newbee asking about tobaccos they are directed to the codger blends here in the States. It got me thinking about what are the codger blends in Ireland, Scottland, England, Wales, France, Gremany, Spain and the other countries.
I know I would like to try codger blends from Ireland, Scottland,Wales and England.
What do ya'll think.
John

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Codger blend from Germany: Exclusiv Royal (Oriental forward that tends to bite if not smoked gently, but tasty)
Codger blend from Hungary: Obester Vanilla (Quality tobacco with a light sweet topping, always a perfect bowl!)

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Codger blends in the UK - Condor, St Bruno and Clan, in that order. Each an acquired taste, with Clan being made for those who have been medically declared to have no taste.
Andy

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Here in Finland some codger blends (or OTCs, rather) are Amphora Red, Clan, Borkum Riff and a few Mac Baren aros.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
plus one on clan, dreadful stuff!
In Ireland it would be Condor,Mellow Virginia,Mick Mc Quaid and Maltan.

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
Borkum Riff is the #1 codger blend in Spain.

Also Amphora, Apollo, and Clan.
Just the opposite of the clean, easy-burning, non-biting, untopped American burley codger blends such as carter hall or prince albert. Personally I like the american ones much, much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.