PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
IMG_20150924_160721909_zpsj86vpqc7.jpg

some of my cobs, bunch of seconds not shown.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Yes, I smoke the Cobwasp. And yes you are see a straight Mark Twain with a church warden stem.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Nice! Your collection is way nicer to look at than my pile of Missouri Prides lol. Love a MM cob!

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
I keep thinking a bag of smokable seconds might be a good idea...I'm just not much of a gambler!

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
Nice lot brother - enjoy the wasp myself.

My Favorite shape was the Egg...but I think those are only being continued in the cobbit series

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
@elbert, a bag of seconds are the way to go. At 3.00$ per Pipe you can't beat the price. My seconds are my knock around pipes. And are the ones I smoke the OTCs. Most of the ones above I use for Flake.

@theedibeticman, I do enjoy my Wasp. I have a couple of the acorn shape I got as a seconds.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Very nice collection... Love cob's, they take a beating and I don't have to worry about replacing a much more expensive pipe. I do however enjoy kicking back with my Wizard filled with some Gaslight ... mmmmm... seems to be getting better too.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
Alright, alright! You've convinced me. I'll order when I get home, and let you know what turns up. It'll be nice to have a few lying around unsmoked--might convince a friend or two to give it a go!
Edit; Order Placed!

Mar 1, 2014
Is the Mark Twain really bigger around than the Wizard?
Hokey pow that's a Big Cob... Probably as big around as the Freehand but only $10! I had no idea... I've been looking for a cob pretty much exactly like that since I started buying them but they don't give O.D. specs on the Missouri Meerschaum website...

Oh dear, I'm hyperventilating again.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Elbert, when you get the seconds, lay them out for a couple of days. Sometimes the finish isn't completely cured and they taste funny. A little bit of airing and they're right as rain.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
The id of the Twain and the Wizard are close, the depth of the bowls are diffent. The Wizard is about 2.25". The Twain is about 1.50". Now the od of the Twain is larger. Look at the Elf and Shire Cobbits.

Status
Not open for further replies.