Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Missouri Meerschaum and Cornell & Diehl have collaborated to produce two new cobs. They are being sold on Smoking Pipes website. I just snagged two for myself. I am sure they will sellout fast since the price is right.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What's the stem on those? What sold me on the MM/Dagner collaboration was the acrylic stem.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Yeah I bought one of each of them as soon as I saw the email. I've been wanting to buy an acrylic stem for a cob or two but when I saw these for $19.20 I had to get them.
002-543-0041.jpg

002-543-0042.jpg

amisk

Lurker
Aug 11, 2017
I have yet to try smoking a cob. I have been reading up a bit and it seems like a few cobs would make great fishing pipes. There seems to be negative experiences with the plastic stems they come with? m referring to MM cobs. After some research I don’t think I’d get any other cob. Any advice on stems for cobs and possibly finish?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I sure don't need another pipe, but these are singing my tune. If you're new to pipe smoking, and you are building a rotation of pipes, you need these.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
As long as you can not chomp down too hard, the stems as they are hold up fine. A softie solves the problem in any case. Yes, the stems are cheap, but what do you want for a cheap pipe that nonetheless smokes as well as an expensive pipe?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Looks like a great collaboration. I may have to pick one up, even though acrylic isn't my favorite choice of stem material. I do like the way it looks on these. They did a nice job!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I dig the stems, but the bowls' finish just isn't my thing. When it comes to cobs, I prefer the natural 'finish'. I hear they smoke a wee bit cooler too (although the difference might be negligible).
Amisk, there's also Old Dominion. MM and OD are the only cob manufacturers I'd buy from. I've one MM cob, and 5 more pipes from MM are en route (three cobs and two of their Ozark hardwood pipes—which I've heard good things from them and can't wait to try).

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
The natural finish completely changes the tobacco. I'm assuming you mean with no plaster of Paris, olkofri. Way to much breathing going on. I've got a cob with the C&D Style finish and never had any weird taste or extremely hot smokes. Now Aristicob's Rusticob? That damn pipe took me a year to break it in. Now it's one of the best smoking pipes I have. But it tasted like paint forever.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
Awesome collaboration between C&D and M/M companies! I have the Dagner poker already and love the stem on it.

I want both of these new pipes, but the second pipe with the bent stem is very appealing. :)

I wonder if it is a limited run, and exclusive to smokingpipes. or if we can also find them at other tobacconists?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just watched the accompanying video, and more shapes are coming in this line.

Status
Not open for further replies.