Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
I need some advice. :?

I ordered 3 Washington bent MM, from pipesandcigars. Recived today but the amber filter less bits are way to small. Am I doing something wrong or missing something. Kinda perturbed.

Can I smoke the pipes without the filter in the original bits, or is the hole to big.

don't want to burn tongue.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I smoke mine without the filters, I take them out as soon as I get a new cob. Dont know if its a good idea though, just what I do.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey mate, cobs come in all shapes and sizes lol. The small hole u have means it is a filterless cob, fill er up and smoke away mate, you will be alright, enjoy

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Hey mate, cobs come in all shapes and sizes lol. The small hole u have means it is a filterless cob, fill er up and smoke away mate, you will be alright, enjoy
Exactly, most of my cobs take filters. I've got a little MM Pony, my 1792 Flake pipe, and it doesn't accept filters. You're fine.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
1.I took the filter out of mine but had a problem with hot ashes flying into my throat, so today I bought some more..2. I was worried about reading this thread, fear of where your corncob didnt fit..boy was I relieved!!! :rofl:

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Okay so here's the deal, bought Washington MM with filter, ordered non filter bit with it. The new non filtered bit is too small for tenon.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
My cob is made for a filter... had it a couple of decades... never used the filter.

It's never been an issue for me.
1 - Down…two letters

Preposition: primarily indicates approach and arrival, motion made in the direction of

2 – Down… five letters

Verb transitive: constitute the letters of a word

3 – Across… thirteen letters

Verb: 1 – down + 2 - down
crossword.jpg

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Gwyn, if the fit is close, cake the tenon with beeswax and smoke it...the shank will swell over time, tightening the fit of the mortise and tenon. The beeswax will both speed the process, and form a natural seal.
If its ridiculously loose (or you don't have beeswax handy), paint the tenon with clear nail-polish, then gently sand until it fits snugly.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
If its ridiculously loose (or you don't have beeswax handy), paint the tenon with clear nail-polish, then gently sand until it fits snugly.
That's what.... he said? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.