PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
So, my latest cob, a General, is horribly misdrilled. By which I mean that the chamber was originally drilled quite well, but when someone drilled the bottom out for the plug, they were not lined up. The result is a seriously off center plug and a massive cavern on one side of the bowl. Doesn't seem to affect the pipe all that much, considering 2/3 of the chamber are fine, its the bottom third that is butchered. It creates a an issue for the shank as well, it doesn't seat quite right. Now, I have already smoked it, and i am not interested in sending it back or anything anyway. I am just wondering if anyone has seen this before, and did it cause any issues at any point for you?
I love the size of this monster. I am definitely getting another and throwing a Forever churchwarden stem on it. For long, slow afternoons.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Have you tried for a refund, with shipping on them? Seems like you would be well within your rights to expect one.

Jan 8, 2013
Nah, I'm not too worried about it, the pipe smokes just fine, and lasts nearly two hours. Seems to collect a little dottle in that side pocket, but nothing major. Cobs are cheap, I will probably just smoke it to death within a year anyhow. I am pretty hard on them. I was just wondering if anyone had seen that before, or if it was just a freak occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.