PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
So....my pipe collection is growing in number. I dislike storing naked pipes in a dresser drawer, without some sort of protection against scratching, denting, rubbing the finish on bowls and stems. I want to slip my individual pipes into soft, cloth (flannel) bags....approximate size 4" X 7"-8".
I cannot find long, but narrow, cloth, drawstring bags. I could use at least 15 bags. Most bags are too wide for the length I need.
Any ideas as to where to look for such bags? I do not want to have bags custom made.
Thanks for any help.

Frank

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
Look up Don Warren on Etsy. He has flannel pipe socks for sale.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipe socks come with many new pipes, although they are not always a correct size, for example with some churchwardens. I doubt it is what you have in mind, wanting to have your collection look snappy, but of course there are always actual socks which come in a wide variety of lengths and thicknesses of material, and would certainly protect your pipes well. There are no drawstrings, but they could be done up with twist-ems, yarn, or just folded over. I know that's a homely fix, but at least it is an immediate one. And it is something to do with those single socks missing a mate. I'm sure the made-for-the-purpose versions would be handsome and just right.
... I joke, be sure to wash the socks first, or you could have a real ghosting problem on your hands!

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Thanks for the leads on "pipe socks" I got some browsing to do for "pipe socks". Thanks guys.
MSO...made my day and made me smile....."ghosting", indeed! IMO, heavy Latakia blends are just as nauseating, but for a different reasons.
Frank
BTW, while browsing around, I came across "flat-ware sleeves" made to protect fancy silverware, etc. The long bags/sleeves are perfect for churchwarden pipes.....being long and narrow. Made from flannel.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My son needs a pipe sock for his churchwarden. Perhaps I should suggest to my wife that she make on for him. Anyone that quilts, can certainly make this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.