PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Just a quick question:
On other ad-supported sites, users are always being encouraged to reach the sponsors' sites by clicking from the site, as opposed to just plugging the address into their browser. That way, advertisers can get solid numbers on how well their ads are generating traffic from each site on which they advertise. They can see if something's working or not.
I can't recall ever seeing this advice officially presented on the forums here. That is, that it helps this site most when folks reach the sponsors by clicking from PipesMagazine. Goodness knows, we're constantly reminding folks to visit the sponsors. But would it be better if we -- and the site owners -- stressed the importance of getting there from the the PipesMagazine home?
Bob

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Pipesmagazine.com is my home page and I always click through to the sponsors via the site, just easier I think.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
When I order, I always thank a sponsor for their support of Pipesmagazine.com. Can't think of the last time when I ordered from a non-sponsor.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Kevin:
Not sure this actually got answered yet: Is there a direct benefit for either you or the sponsors (in terms of market information or cents-per-click revenue) to click on ads here rather than just open another window and visit their sites?
Bob

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
Haven't ordered online yet but will use pm to get to the site and thank them for their support

Status
Not open for further replies.