Citizens for Tobacco Rights - Take Action!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

annapolispipes

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Annapolis, MD
This is really easy and I hope everyone will join and click the link to take action. It's really easy. The website is set up to email your elected "cronies"... uh I mean officials regarding these crazy taxes on smokeless and flavored tobaccos. I'm no expert here but I imagine that would affect flavored cigars and pipe tobacco. I read that in some states flavored tobacco is now banned!??? Good Lord! Soon they'll want to tax our sex lube! I've had it.
Citizens take action now!

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
That is awful. We have it real bad in Australia, we can only get a few "drug store" blends and they cost $35-$40 for 50grams and are covered in health warnings. And the tobacconists we have over here only cater to cigarette and drug users, such a shame the art of pipe smoking has been lost.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
HR 1469 - The Sexual Lubricant Taxation Act. It slid through the House with little resistance but appears to have dried up in the Senate. :rofl:

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
HR 1469 - The Sexual Lubricant Taxation Act. It slid through the House with little resistance but appears to have dried up in the Senate.
I just spit coffee all over my screen!!!!!!!!! :lol:

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
SINCE WHEN!! This is terrible. This is horrible. It's despicable. It's a tragedy. How could they possibly ban sex lube???
haha annapolispipes, you kinda set yourself up for the jokes.

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
Not ban, they want to tax it. We could all meet in Boston, smoke, and throw crates of sex lube into the harbor. I'd started to add throwing tobacco too, but didn't want to be hasty about that.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
Joined. Just what we need. I am surprised though that Kevin let this post in. I have made several similar posts encourage each of us to watch the Action Alerts Kevin has on the left side of the pages at this site. Those posts never made it and I decided they were too political. Being in the government world I know how sometimes only a few emails can make a difference.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is like déjà vu all over again ...
Here is why I don't support it (Middleton's Citizens for Tobacco Rights), and why I passed on the story when I saw it last week before all the Johnny-Come-Latelys jumped on it.
From an old post, from over a year ago ...
You have got to be freakin' kidding me with this ridiculous crap, and it is ten times worse coming from a tobacco company. Did someone go insane over there!?!?!
middleton-retardation.gif

These guys are the biggest corporate pussies I have ever witnessed.
They need to grow a pair.

http://www.johnmiddletonco.com/en/cms/Products/Nav/smoking_health/pipe_tobacco/default.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.