Cinnamon blends? H&H Eggnog still feature Cinnamon?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
I've been shopping around for a blend that features cinnamon. One blend I've seen mentioned is H&H Egg nog. The puzzling thing is that older reviews mention cinnamon a lot, while newer reviewers have said they can't even detect it. One reviewer speculated they mute the cinnamon because some had complained. I was just curious here if anyone has any insight. I'm thinking it could just as easily be that some reviewers felt the cinnamon more prominent than others, rather than the blend actually changing.
I've also seen a blend called "cinnamon roll"--I think it may also have been H&H. Any other suggestions? And can anyone rank them as to how cinnamon forward they are?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I don't know anything about cinnamon blends, but swear that the sweet ketchupy mixed Virginia's of Boston 1776 have a slight cinnamon undertone to them.

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
H&H Angler's Dream has more cinnamon than any other tobacco IMHO. With most blends with cinnamon you have to think "Do I taste it or not?' Not so with Angler's Dream. It is an OTC type Burley blend with a healthy dose of cinnamon.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Thanks, Nachman--that's exactly what I was looking for... Not having to try to detect the flavor, but rather it being prominent.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Let me know what you find, I'm interested in a cinnamon blend too.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
I didn't see a cinnamon rope... I did find a blend called Gawith Hoggarth - Sliced Brown Twist (Cinnamon). Is that you were taking about, Scarface? That certainly looks intriguing... A strong robust blend with a hint of cinnamon. I was originally looking more for an aromatic, but put cinnamon in anything and I'm interested.
The Sutliff is a good tip! Will keep browsing around. I also have a 50/50 mix of 5 Bros and MC 5100 that I baked in rum, vanilla, and cinnamon sitting in a mason jar in my cellar. We'll see how it turns out.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
For posterity's sake I'll mention two blends I've found as well:

Peter Stokkebye 46 Cinnamon

Russ's Monthly Blend- Cinnamon Roll

I'll review whatever I get around to pulling the trigger on since it seems cinnamon is certainly the road less traveled in the tobacco world.
Now I'm actually liking the idea of some powerful rope/twist with some cinnamon to add a spiciness..

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I taste a kind of spice cookie flavor in Match ERR. It's a cube cut. Quite nice.

I think ERR was considered a codger burley.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Beast, it's a Sam Gawith rope, I ordered some from mr snuff once, it seems like its covered in cinnamon. The GH one might be better but you might only be able to get it at mr snuff
Thanks! It's interesting looking on Mr. Snuff: the tobacco like the SG Finest Kendal Twist, which is only sold plain as far as I can tell on pipe sites, is available with a number of different toppings--cherry, whiskey, rum, apple, etc.
I didn't see cinnamon, but I'm assuming it probably is just out of stock and was indeed one of the many flavors available.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Cinnamon Roll is my most cinnamon-forward blend, but Egg Nog's recipe has never changed. It still has the same amount of cinnamon as it originally had.
Russ

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Glad I saw this thread! I love eggnog and didn't even think to look for an eggnog tobacco. Ordered a tin from P&C to give it a try. Thanks!
Cheers,

Jared

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Cinnamon Roll is my most cinnamon-forward blend, but Egg Nog's recipe has never changed. It still has the same amount of cinnamon as it originally had.
Russ

Awesome! Thanks for chiming in, Russ! I had already narrowed it down to Cinnamon Roll being my best bet, but your post confirmed it--straight from the horse's mouth!

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
I just ordered some Sutliff Cinnamon Delight so I'll post my review when I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.