PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I am sorry if it is not allowed here (mods can delete if it's against the rules), but I wonder what cigarette brand you smoke. And how much does a pack cost?

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Wow, I guess the prices are high because of the taxes. I checked Camel yesterday, it costs 1.60 azn (local currency) here, around $0.90. I bought Sobranie Blue for $1.68. Prices seem to be really low in dollars just because the local currency lost its value against USD.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
When I smoked regularly, I was a Camel Lights guy. Around here, they are around $10.50 a pack. When I indulge now, it's usually Marlboro Silver. Same price point as Camel.

colorduke

Mar 5, 2011
Cigs here in central Pa run $6.90 to 10.00,now I roll my own for $9.00 a carton.Camel non filter were my favorite for the longest time.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
My wife smokes Pall Malls; $7.65 per pack in Minnesota but just $5.45 in Iowa so I make a run for the border once a month for her.

When I smoked cigarettes, I smoked Camel Lights or Blue, or whatever they changed their name to. You can still get them for $4.90 (give or take $0.75) a pack in Alabama. But, I thought that it was interesting that the American Spirits still cost a tad over $9 a pack. The generic cigarettes can still be found for under $4.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
When I smoked ciggies I was a camel man, I paid €6 a pack or aound $6.30.
In the UK I used to smoke Embassy, currently a pack is around $12.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
When I smoked cigs I was a Woodbine man along with Capstan Full Strength, Players Medium Navy Cut and Piccadilly No.1 which had 25 in a pack. If I occasional smoke a cigarette these days I roll my own and make the smoke out of very finely shaved Warrior Plug that has been rubbed out to the consistency of RYO tobacco. The last time I purchased a pack of Woodbine they were about Eleven Pounds a pack and only came in 20s as the old 10s had been phased out.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
i like Marlboro 72's they are about 6.00 dollars a pack, I have been curious though have yall tried Nat Shermans fantasia cigarettes, are the good?

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
I've been RYO for a little while. Drum or CNT- Canadian Natural Tobacco. The cheapest place I've found is about $39 per pouch.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Cosmic, I'm envious. Also the selection isn't the greatest where I live. Most places only carry Drum and the crappy bargain brands.

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
Djarum Black, which is unavailable here as of now, it was around 2$ at the time I used to smoke.
There is also Bali Shag Blue rolled into Rizla licorice papers, a beautiful thing really.

I started smoking pipes to find an alternative to those, since they are unavailable where I live at.
jvnshr

When you compare wages in America to wages on this side of Earth, the price is actually not that different in comparison.

As a side note, did you find out anything about Herzegovina Flor cigarettes we discussed in another thread?

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Cos, we don't have any of those here.
Is it wrong for me to fantasize about Chesterfields and Woodbines and Capstan Full Strength etc? Because I am! :lol:
Tailor made smokes here are either way too expensive or total junk imo, and being a connoisseur of fine tobaccos I just can't abide anymore.
I think I'd really like some of the Stokkebye ryo offerings, but I'm making do and all is well, relatively.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Marlboro lights here. Quit about 10 years again.
Roughly 14.00 a pack now in Chicago. Maybe half that in the burbs.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

The last ones I smoked were American Spirits in the black pack. Those are damn good cigarettes. I think they were $8 a pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.