Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
Cosmic

This one seems to sum it up.

main-qimg-74e29be3b82b6c7bd1d4e4c5f31af09e-c

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Last I smoked cigarettes, I smoked unfiltered Camels or Lucky Strikes. They were 35-40¢ a pack then. When I tried cigarettes again about 10 years ago I went to an east Indian brand, I'm sorry, all I remember is that they had a picture of the Hindu God Krishna or something on the cover and they looked darker and crudely made by our standards. But they would knock you on your ass. One of those was enough to keep you good for hours.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
A friend brought some Lucky Strikes from Turkey yesterday, I don't remember smoking them before. And they don't taste like anything I've tried before.
Should we do an International Cigarette Swap? Will anyone be interested in that?

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I used to smoke Sobranie Black ... cost less than EUR 5 when last bought a pack. My wife smokes Daffidoff Gold. Man I am surprised to see the price of smokes went through the roof in the US. Back when I lived in Texas I used to smoke Pall Mall blue ... and if I remember correctly it cost roughly around US 4.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
It took me 25 years to kick the cigarettes (and roll ups), and I hope to never walk that path again! Pipe and nasal snuff all the way for me now.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Sobranie Black - I also used to smoke it when I couldn't find Sobranie Blue, Black had a strong taste and higher nicotine content than Blue. I remember buying Davidoff Gold slims from the cafe of an airport once, because they had no other cigarette brands available. I couldn't smoke it, made me cough a lot. It has a bitter taste. I wonder if Sobranie and Davidoff cigarettes are all same around the world, guess not.
Here is the Lucky Strike I was talking about:
img_6621-450x600.jpg

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
They tried marketing the filtered Lucky's here... they didn't last long.
I will grab a pack of the unfiltered once in awhile as a treat. Good cigarette.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
jvnshr in Europe regulations make manufacturers print a white label on the side that states the cigarette's strength in terms of tar and nicotine. And yes, you are right the balcks are 10 mgs and the blues are 8. If you are a fan of Sobranie, although a bit more expensive, I recommend the Sobranie Black Russian. Very fine cigarettes ... Reminds me a bit of Sheppard's Hotel.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Not to be the jerk, but we are so strict about the other smoking threads that this also violates out rules doesnt it?

7. Discussion of electronic cigarettes, or any other electronic nicotine delivery device is forbidden. Posts regarding marijuana or other drugs are not allowed. These items have NOTHING to do whatsoever with the true pipe smoking experience. If you want to talk about these items, you are in the wrong place. That goes for Hookah too. Hookahs are the wine coolers of the tobacco world, and they also have nothing to do with the true tobacco pipe smoking experience. Again, if you want to discuss them, please find another website to do so.
We dont talk about cigars, Native American herbs or other herbs, or other smoking means, so seems like cigarettes would fall under these as well.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Well there's a mod about ten posts up who obviously does not give a shit.

Mods are human and make mistakes also. If they want to let it go so be it, but it needs to be brought up next time the same rule is brought up when someone else posts off topic and against the same rule. Same rules should apply for everyone.

Crap, it is a rule. :cry:

I am not sure why we can talk about our tropical aquariums and even what music we listen to, but we can't talk about cigarettes, or hookahs, which don't have to be candy coated tobaccos. I've had some great Turkish in a hookah.

But for the record, I have only ever closed a vape or hookah thread, when it was requested by a member. But, rules are rules... sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.