Cigar Smokers, Let's Get This Going Again!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
http://cigarchronicles.com
Kevin's other site is dead, let's breathe life into it from all the members who smoke cigars here.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Wow... I didn't even now he had another site devoted to cigars!

I'd gladly participate but I no longer smoke cigars, but I sincerely hope his site devoted to cigars does well and survives.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I think it was before this site, but there's reviews from Russ Oulette and stuff, I found it from the link on this site at the upper right side.
Edit: Upper left side beneath tobaccoreviews.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I am/was a member of that site but I have not been on it in a long time. I've been smoking a box of Camacho's a week for many years. The issue for me was why tell people that I smoke the same cigar over and over. I love my cigars but as forums go they do tend to be boring for me. Despite the hundreds of labels there really isn't much variability as opposed to pipe tobacco. I've been a pipe and cigar smoker for 44 years and I'm smoking a Camacho as I type this but I really much prefer to discuss pipes and their blends.

I really don't mean to take any wind out of your sails because , obviously, I'm cigar guy too. So how do we make things different and more interesting?

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
admin.jpg

I smoked an Oliva series V Belisco Maduro tonight for the first time, I recently got a box of those, a box of series O Churchills, a box of Joya de nicaragua antano 1970 consuls, and a box of Alec Bradley American Sungrown corona's. From the comments some of the cigar smokers were making here about preferring Dominicans etc.. to Cuban's I thought I'd take the plunge. I wouldn't say I've smoked anything better than the cuban's I've tried, only Montecristo #4's and Cohiba Esplandido's, but for the price point their right on. I would be curious to try one of these 20$ per stick Dominican's but for a 3-4$ cigar I'm more than content with the offerings I've found. Also the La Gloria Cubana petite's I picked up are magnificent. Me and my older brother who's really into cubans both agreed they were very good, and at about 1.25$ a stick, it has a cuban tasting profile. I find cigars and pipes go together well, a cigar is more of a kick back and relax thing for me, whereas the pipe is more of a twice a day thing for me. Love the Joya de Nicaragua antono's too, man those are strong. I'm getting CAD happening big time.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Corojo Turbo's. I like full bodied cigars. I will get opus X the few times a year they are available. Fonseca Cubana Limitada and the new Dante line are treats.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
I tried, but got very lonely over there.
It got to the point it was just me and Stan saying good morning to each other.
Power on brother, it could be another great site !
Tom

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo bigger - before I jumped back into pipes, I was big on RoyJams, especially their paper-wrapped Parklanes. In fact, it was the demise of these RJs that got me looking again at pipes, and in the 7 years since, I have only puffed about 6 cigars, all at weddings and such. I've even bought a few dozen cigars at various B&Ms since, but they languish in my humidors along with about a dozen boxes from the old days.
I'm with you on Cubans, except that I do like Cohibas too, such as the Siglos #5. One of these days I need to try out your 5 current favorites - it looks like our palates are mirror images of each other.
Didn't you just move East? We'll have to discuss at Morley's.
hp

les

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I wouldn't say cubans are overrated, I'd say for the price they are though when you get them outside of cuba. Like the montecristo's I got for 4$ each from someone who brought them back. But over here, I'll take a nob-cuban any day. Like that oliva I had last night was pretty much the same as the cuban's I've had, so I'm not going to pay 20$ per stick for a really similar similar non-cuban I can get for 3-4$. I just look at the top 25 cigars of the year, read the flavor profiles and notice these under 5$ smokes with a 90+ rating are right up there with a 20$ plus cuban, so it's a simple choice for me to make.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Andrew thanks to you I'm taking a dip it the cigar world. I just ordered those Acid Krush cigars 1 tin of each of the four flavors. I will use those to open my door to cigars. The best experience I had with a cigar was in Ybor City, Florida I had a Connecticut wrapped cigar along side a cafe con leche in a cigar lounge. It was really great.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Maybe combine the forums? That would be epic. Love the cigar babes, something about a woman with a round object in her mouth....... Watch out Smokey C.A.D is a bitch, on the upside though it's nice to be able to give out cigars . Those acid's are a nice size and actually give you about a 30 minute smoke. I don't really take my pipes with me so it's nice to have a small cigar like that, it's convienient. Never tried those let me know how they are

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I still maintain a small space for cigars ... probably no more than 30 to 40 at a time.
Usually, I'll buy them in 5-packs or singles just tossed on with a TAD order.
My favorite "value" cigar is Sancho Panza Double Maduro in either the La Mancha (corona) or Quixote (robusto).
As for higher end sticks, Ashton VSG and Arturo Fuente are my "treats" to myself.
Middle ground picks are Padron, Carlos Torano and AJ Fernandez.
AJ Fernandez makes a cigar that incorporates Latakia called Spectre ... good stuff!

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I love a good cigar and keep hundreds on hand at all times. Over the years I have been active on 8 or 10 cigar based forums and moderator on 3 of those. I've made a LOT of IN PERSON good friends from all over the globe. At the same time, I can see why a cigar forum fades away.
A GOOD forum of any kind takes a lot of time, dedication, & money to run. Then you need a large & active user base to support it...hard to do in this day of the cigar boom being long over. Could cigarchronicles.com be brought back from the grave? Maybe - maybe not.
For you cigar smokers, IMHO you should all try at least one Illusione 88 and Cruzado Marelas. For those who REALLY know their cigars, FR NNUU

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Yeah, I can't do the cigar forums like I can PM, the conversation is rather stagnant. I am a pipe smoker first but have a humidor as well that -like @cobguy does- toss in a couple sticks per TAD order from P&C.
My last pick ups were Flor de Las Antillas Toros and La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Robustos. I don't smoke my cigars very often since I am primarily aging them. Most are over a year old now and I haven't smoked one in over a month ...

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I think combining the forums as pipes and cigars magazine would be awesome, then there could be sections for cigars, or even a cigar section on here. I primarily use the internet for reviews of cigars. I know there's already a few cigar forums like puff and Cigar aficionado, I guess we'll see what the future holds...

wasatch

Lurker
Aug 23, 2014
small batch cigars has THE best prices on the net and free 2 day shipping. The only cons are that they don't have the large selection that the cigar store titans feature--on the flip side, they sell a lot of stuff that would sell out in a heartbeat if they were listed at CI, Thompson, and so on.
Brands that I recommend (you may have not heard of these):
Caldwell

Crowned heads

RoMa Craft

Illisione

Viaje

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I recently splurged on a box of Fuente Hemingway Signatures. Great smokes; I've always preferred a corona size, and I'm a sucker for Cameroon wrappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.