PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
Well, I have been working my way through some new ones I had been wanting to try out also breaking in a new Radice Rind Bulldog with them;
Cornell & Diehl: Billy Budd - An old fav of mine, revisited it not too long ago, still a great blend
C&D's Habana Daydream ~ A great blend, does have some kick to her. I think I put myself into a Nic coma yesterday smoking a full bowl in the Radice Bulldog - This is one of those blends that I will be adding several lbs to the cellar
GLP's Key Largo ~ Having my first smoke this afternoon in the Radice Bulldog again, another outstanding blend - as the description is spot on ; Deep, Earthy, and Creamy , beautifully balanced, richly textured layers of cocoa, dark roasted coffee, leather, and a lively, lingering finish. Another blend worth adding lbs to the cellar
on deck;

C&D's Seersucker -

GLP's Robusto -
Here is the Radice Rind Bulldog I'm breaking in with all these blends;

radicebulldog002-030-2796.jpg

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
I recently purchased some McClelland Dominican Glory Maduro and continue to be pleasantly surprised every time I burn a bowl of it.

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
I've been enjoying a tin of Dominican Glory Maduro as well, I quite like it. The tin aroma is so rich, and the smoke is dense and flavourful.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
cos is right. When I first began smoking a pipe I had been a big cigar smoker so naturally I tried a few of the cigar blends. They don't taste anything like a cigar but I still enjoyed them. My favorite was Gl Pease Robusto, smoked a bunch of that.

Reactions: Pappy Coon
Harris, if you like Robusto, you’ll go crazy for Key Largo. It’s the exact same as Robusto, except in a flake. It’s a staple for me on the beach or at the pool paired with a fruity tropical drink. Every time I smoke, I just expect to see bikinis. Pressing it does something magical to it.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
cos, I used to like Robusto and a lot of other English blends. I lost my taste for Latakia over a decade ago. Another one of my favorite English back in the day was Two Friends Deacons Downfall, that stuff was awesome to my tastes.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
cos, I used to like Robusto and a lot of other English blends. I lost my taste for Latakia over a decade ago. Another one of my favorite English back in the day was Two Friends Deacons Downfall, that stuff was awesome to my tastes.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
I smoke Key Largo when I'm in a hot, humid environment. I never even noticed it had latakia in it until much later. That stuff is just amazing, in my opinion, if it's getting damn hot and you're looking for a full flavoured blend that pairs well with the heat.
For me, it's nothing like a cigar, but for the pipe, it's in a league of its own. I'll cry if it's taken from the shelves.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Harris. Yep, life has that way of mucking things up. Definitely have not given up the pipe! They have helped me keep what little sanity I have left. lol

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Mike, totally understand.
Another English I used to smoke and enjoy was C&D Bayou Nights. I once aged it a good 7 or so years and it was really tasty.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
@ Mr. English,
Much agreed with you about Banker's. Also, think you mean Robert Lewis 123 Mixture instead of Tree Mixture.
On a side note, Glynn at GQ Tobaccos made a blend called Classic English that was a very good cigar leaf blend. Not sure it's available now.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I haven't tried many cigar leaf blends, but Lewis 123 is a great one for sure.
Sutliff Navigator is another - kind of odd because it's an aro, but nice.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
With all due respect, if you want a cigar blend just smoke a nice cigar. Brown #4 has a okay cigar thing going on. I have actually chopped down good cubans and added to blends or smoked straight but the charm and sweetness of a the cigar was not present when smoked in the pipe.
I smoke pipes for VA and VaPers and smoke a lot of cigars for their own merits.

Status
Not open for further replies.