Christmas treat to myself. Vintage TAD

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

banner

simong

Preferred Member
Oct 13, 2015
The best thing is there's not a bit of rust or shake in any bar one tin of mcbarens navy flake. They look as if I've just bought em out the shop!

I've tried mcbarens, Sullivan Powell & I'm sure I smoked the B&H special mixture years ago. Very nice! But I've never had the plug or eickens flake. I'm guessing it's a Germanic copy of player's flakes. As the tin colours are near identical. Saving the first trial for Christmas morning, with a nice sherry.

beefeater33

Preferred Member
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Damn!! 8O That is one hell of a score!! I have smoked that Sullivan Powell a long time ago...... its heavenly stuff.

Never heard of the Eicken's, but I'll bet its a great smoke too.....

Merry Christmas Simon!, enjoy those!.......... :puffy:

agnosticpipe

Preferred Member
Nov 3, 2013
Very nice gift to yourself! Looks like some really good stuff there. I had some Sullivan Powell perique blend about 30 years ago, but for some reason, I can't seem to remember what I thought of it.

And sherry! I didn't think anyone drank sherry anymore. Now it seems to be all about port! I like sherry, and get Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry quite often. I like the other sherries too, with an Amontillado being another of my favorites.
Looks like you're going to have a very merry Christmas!

simong

Preferred Member
Oct 13, 2015
PattyPerfect, my poor sweet child, what a lovely thing to say! I could say more, but being a gentleman, I shall refrain.

Orley, sherry still doing the business here in England. Sherry all day, every day. Port with a selection of cheeses in the evening! Harvey's Bristol cream my favourite as well!

jkrug

Preferred Member
Jan 23, 2015
That's just straight up awesome Simon!!

You must have been a very good boy this year!! :puffy:

andrew

Preferred Member
Feb 13, 2013
PattyPerfect, my poor sweet child, what a lovely thing to say! I could say more, but being a gentleman, I shall refrain.
Be a real gentleman and give her a pearl necklace.