PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Happy Christmas (Eve) everyone.
Just curious if anyone else will be smoking a Christmas pipe today and tomorrow.

I have a few around here, and located a couple this morning. One is an American Smoking Pipe Christmas 1994, and the other is an Ascorti Special Edition Christmas 1995. I chose the Ascorti to smoke this morning.

I found some Gawith Hoggarth Best Brown #2 to go along with it. It's been a while since I have smoked either of these pipes or the tobacco, but it all came together just fine.

I will look around to see if I can locate anymore of my Christmas pipes today. I recently moved from Virginia to Pennsylvania, and quite a few boxes still have to be gone through.

Here are two photos of the pipes. I hope some more of you like to fire up these Seasonal pipes during this time of year. (or any other time for that matter).

Merry Christmas to everyone, and happy smoking.
dec2010041.jpg

dec2010039.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very nice. Perfect for a holiday smoke. I don't have a Christmas pipe per se but do have a couple of Christmas blends that I'll be smoking today and tomorrow.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
I also dont have a Christmas pipe, but i do intend to smoke Boswells Christmas Cookie and Petersons 2010 Christmas Blend today and tomorrow.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I just lit up my new Peterson 2010 Christmas pipe and smoking some Peterson Christmas 09 in it right now. I'm going to bust out the new Christmas 10 tobacco tomorrow.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
I smoke this 1890's giant WDC bulldog only on Christmas whether it needs it or not. :?
GiantWDC.jpg

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
Wow those are some beautiful pipes! I didn't know they made "Christmas" Editions. Learn something new everyday regarding pipes.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'll be smoking the Neerup that my wife gave me for Christmas. I'll Post pics in its own thread, though.
-Jason

groundsar

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2010
I've not acquired a Christmas pipe as yet but have been thoroughly enjoying the Christmas Cookie from Boswells and plan to enjoy a bit more today after work.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Last time I played my Christmas pipes the neighbor called the SPCA. He thought I was torturing a cat. OH Smoking pipes! No real tradition.

thesandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
Peterson has been producing pipes for over 145 years, but in all that time never produced a Christmas Pipe 'special' until 2009.Commissioned by'Cup O' Joes', Peterson's first ever

Christmas pipe! Like the Peterson Year Pipe, a special limited edition, featuring a smooth finish, fishtail mouthpiece, and a Sterling Silver Band with a Christmas tree stamped on it. The bowl was stamped with the Peterson logo and "Christmas 2009".
935603041_uWYPY-M.jpg

The new 2010 Christmas pipes are now available in the Classic shapes and can be sourced world wide, from approved Peterson distributors.
1084104454_STH7R-M.jpg

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I guess this counts as a Christmas pipe as I made it over Christmas

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/unclearthur/album/picture/1419

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/unclearthur/album/picture/1420

The drilling is dead on but a hair high I will need to add a wee bit of pipe mud to the bottom of the bowl.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Just get a block of briar and cut off anything that doesn't look like a pipe. Seriously though it is not all that hard to do with the right tools.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I use a bandsaw, drill press , a 1x30 belt sander and a 5 inch disk mounted in my lathe. To drill I have modified spake bits. Of course plain wood bits for the small stuff.

pipmannen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
I don't own any "Christmas Edition" pipe, but this year I dedicated this Mastro De Paja for the holidays :)
mastro-600x438.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.