PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I had intended to make this one of my "A Pipe And A Movie" posts in which I give a semi review of a tobacco blend as I also talk about a movie as I'm watching it. But since I'm already about a third of the way into this movie and half way through this bowl of tobacco, I'll save that for another movie. It's been a while since I've done one of those posts and they are indeed fun. So... instead, I thought I'd just ask what movies you are watching this holiday season, or have watched already. I've currently only only watched this one and one other. I watched the Netflix movie, The Christmas Chronicles the other day with Kurt Russell as Santa Clause... don't knock it if you haven't seen it. I thought Kurt Russell's take on Santa Clause was fantastic and fun. Worth checking out if you've not yet seen it. If you don't have Netflix, I understand it's also being played in some theaters.
Currently I'm watching A Christmas Carol, with Patrick Stewart as Scrooge, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. And enjoying a bowl of Milan Tobacconist's Christmas Blend in Peterson Rosslare Royal Irish 106. I've never actually seen this one before, but I've always enjoyed Patrick Stewart as an actor. I plan on watching the 1984 George C Scott version later.
What are your thoughts on the movies you've watched or are planning to watch?

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Its not Christmas without watching Die Hard..... or some sappy Hallmark movie.
But as a rule I watch A Christmas Story and Its a Wonderful Life on Christmas Day.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Love Actually has become our new Christmas “classic” at the Npod household.

Jan 8, 2013
Its not Christmas without watching Die Hard.....
Speaking of Die Hard... have you seen these?
QvdMbjP.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
My kids watch zero tv now (their choice) and my wife is a non stop reader, so the dog and I get to choose. It's a Wonderful Life is our pick.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
We watched The Christmas Chronicles when it came out on Thanksgiving. My new favorite Christmas movie.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I enjoyed the Christmas Chronicles as well. You can't go wrong with Kurt Russell...I mean, Santa wasn;t as good as Jack Burton or Snake Plissken but....:)
Right now I'm reading A Christmas Carol and some of the other Dickens Christmas stories. Christmas Eve, we always watch the George C. Scott A Christmas Carol (my favorite version, and seems to be the one closest to Dickens), then White Christmas, then maybe Mickey's Christmas Carol. Christmas Day tends more toward The Dirty Dozen, Where Eagles Dare and The Sting.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
My favorite Christmas movies:
A Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Scrooge (Albert Finney)

The Snowman

Love Actually

Lethal Weapon 1&2

Die Hard 1&2

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Its not Christmas without watching Die Hard
This right here. My son and I kicked off the season with the heartwarming tale of a father and husband overcoming adversity to be reunited with his wife and kids for Christmas. It gets me so choked up I have to take off my shoes and my socks then walk around on the rug bare foot and make fists with my toes.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
Hmm, in no particular order:
Die Hard, Bad Santa, A Christmas Story, Scrooged, Charlie Brown Christmas, and the original Grinch.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My tastes for Christmas movies tends ot run toward the classics, like, in no particular order:
It's A Wonderful Life
The Shop Around The Corner - original version
A Christmas Carol - Alastair Sims version
The Miracle On 34th Street - Original version
Tokyo Godfathers
A Charlie Brown Christmas
A Christmas Story
White Christmas
Christmas In Connecticut
The Ref
King Of Kings - 1927 version
Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer
Elf
Mr MaGoo A Christmas Carol
The Grinch - Animated version
and in a different vein, Amahl and the Night Visitors

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I love the 1951 British version of A Christmas Carol starring Alistair Sim. Near as I can recall I have watched every Xmas Eve since 1973. I also love Bing Crosby's Going My Way even if it isn't a Xmas flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.