Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I have been doing a lot of business travel lately and haven't had a lot of time for our collective hobby. I haven't checked ebay in weeks and have barely bought any tobacco to speak of.
However, when I was alerted to a new SP release featuring some pipes by Chris Asteriou, I just had to move. I have long been a big fan of Chris' pipes and have really wanted to add one or two to the fold.
The first pipe I picked up was a sandblasted morta rhodesian with bamboo; the second was a smooth liverpool with a moose antler shank treatment.
Chris does lovely work and I am happy to welcome these two to the rotation.
07rbXJT.jpg

NE9sIiS.jpg

HMM9XVD.jpg

wWzpFct.jpg

bBqQuTA.jpg

hFuyWUB.jpg

53wnW60.jpg

0dpuMX6.jpg

r7Si23E.jpg

Reactions: Ben.R.C

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
That liverpool is a beauty! As a fellow architect, I quite look up to Chris' work. The architectural discipline tends to be allographic; we prepare the documents that allow other skilled builders to realize the artwork. I envy his ability to make such beautiful objects with his own hands as well!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Sounds like you've been real busy...hope you aren't running low on tobacco! :D
A couple of real good looking pipes there. Enjoy. :puffy:

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Surely the ugliest pipes i have seen in recent times. Even uglier now that they find themselves company to the hideous monsters to which they find themselves.....company? :wink:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice pipes, Peck!
I haven't seen two more differentiated pipes from the same carver in a long time, and really like the way Mr. Asteriou delivers excellence through different finish levels, shapes and material. I agree with Al, that Chris is a carver to watch right now.
-- Pat

acutabovebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2013
Patras - Greece
Besides the looks, Chris's work and dedication to detail is phenomenal. The smoking quality of his pipes is amazing and the inspiration on this guy is endless. I am lucky enough to have 10 of his pipes and they all smoke great. Very well balanced and can take all the abuse you can give them. Enjoy them my friend and make sure that you buy more before the production won't be able to meet the demand....

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Chris and I just struck a deal for a commission, can you guess the shape?
Oh! Oh! OH! I know this... You're having a panel billiard made. Something in a Group 7, and rusticated. Right?
*grin*
Can't wait to see what Chris does with a Chunkdesian.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.