PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I especially like the smooth pipe for its subtle nuanced interpretation of the shape, the slender but not fragile shank, and the tapered bowl, that still says more billiard than brandy to me. The bright light band is another nice touch, just short of being jarring. He really has control of his medium and does wonders with decisive but understated design. I can never keep my Canadians, Liverpools, and Lumberman straight, but this is a beauty by any name. The bamboo shank pipe is also exquisite, but the smooth pipe stole the show for me.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Chris set the hook on Facebook with this one....
11856270_877293022365690_3848294153865436461_o.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Besides the looks, Chris's work and dedication to detail is phenomenal. ... Enjoy them my friend and make sure that you buy more before the production won't be able to meet the demand.
This ^^^^
Chris has gone from hobbyist to one of the best pipemakers on the planet in a VERY short time. In the Internet Age, the secret won't stay a secret for long.
I strongly recommend that you set aside any plans you might have for new acquisitions if they are something that's routinely available (Petes, Castellos, Dunhills, etc.) and get an Asteriou while you can. They will soon be as difficult to find for sale as any of the Scandinavian grandmasters, and as correspondingly expensive when you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.