PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
This will be my first year staying at the lodge instead of across the street. Thus, a little rain wouldn't be so bad. However, that means more people crammed in to the smoking tent. If it is muggy due to damp weather, it will get pretty boggy with smoke in that space 8O.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
The forecast is improving for the weekend! It's been cold, wet, and even snowy here in Chicago. Nice to see Spring arriving for the show.
screenshot_20190501-071320-337x600.png

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I'll miss the show this year, but what I'll miss most is that stuffed biscuit at Buttermilk in Geneva. It is the best breakfast item I've ever eaten.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This show date is always awful timing for me at work. A bunch of my local pipe club buddies are enroute. Maybe one of these years.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I'll see y'all at the Show! Sue Bender and I will be at the check-in desk on Saturday morning.

Make sure you say "Hello" and let me know your Forum identity.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
That's not really a distinguishing characteristic in this crowd.
I was just telling some guys in the smoking tent that if there was a beard-based drinking game, I would be passed out on the floor by now.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
+1 :laughat:

I’d already be on the ground, so you would have cushion to fall on. It was great meeting you today. Hopefully we have more time to chat proper tonight or tomorrow.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Spent a couple of hours at the pipe show today. Bought my first meerschaum and also bought a pipe from crashthegrey. Talked with crash and chilllucky for a bit. It was awesome to meet them in person...great guys. I just might go back tomorrow.

Reactions: craiginthecorn

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Thinking about driving down tomorrow. I've never been. Is it worth a 4-hour round trip to catch the last couple hours? Or is it usually pretty much over by Sunday afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.