PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The tobacco blending seminar will take place in the smoking tent at 10:00 am on Thursday morning. The cost will be $20, payable before we start. We have room for 20 people and six have already confirmed they want to participate. If you want to be part of this, please PM with your name and confirmation you will be able to attend. I will keep track of everyone, in case more than 20 people want to take part in the fun.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Can't travel right now but will enjoy vicariously. scotties22 difficulties with the booking over the phone reflects widespread troubles with under-trained uninformed staff, possibly intelligent people, but with insufficient information and skills. We've (wife and I) have run into this regularly recently with pharma companies, up-market hair styling salons (for my wife's birthday), and many other instances. I repeatedly am told at the customer service desk that a store doesn't have an item, so I go look for it and find it right there on the shelf in good supply. Wha??? Likewise people can't direct you to places in the building or shopping district where they work. These aren't people on toll-free phones from another continent. These are locals, "professionals." I try not to get mad. It's like dealing with small children.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
THE CHICAGOLAND INTERNATIONAL PIPE & TOBACCIANA SHOW

2019 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
WEDNESDAY May 1, 2019

9 am Pipe Making Seminar, Mega Center Annex, Pre-registration required

12 pm Chicago Pipe Show 6,000 square foot smoking tent opens
THURSDAY May 2, 2019

8 am Pipe Making Seminar, Mega Center Annex, Pre-registration required

10 am Per Jensen Mac Baren Sutliff Tobacco Blending Seminar, Tent
FRIDAY May 3, 2019

8 am – 4 pm, Smoke and Swap, Tent (6 am vendor line up, 8 am set up)

9 am Chicago Bowl, the pipe smoker’s award for Virginia Flakes opens in the tent.

9:30 am – 4:30 pm Champagne Limo to Premium Outlet Mall, Hotel Lobby

12 pm – 5 pm Welcome Table, Hotel across from indoor/outdoor pool

3 pm – 5pm UPCA Annual Meeting, Ruby Room (Tower)

4 pm Mega Center Rich Esserman 1928 Dunhill Catalog New Printing Presentation Mega Center

7 pm – 10 pm Welcome Buffet Dinner, St. Charles Ballroom

7:30 pm presentations at Welcome Dinner

8:30 pm International Charatan Collectors Society, Ruby Room (Tower)

8:30 pm Ladies’ Tobacco Related Arts & Craft Program, Turquoise Room (Tower)

9: 00 pm The Making of the Peterson Pipe Book: The Story of the Peterson Pipe Book:

The Story of Kapp and Peterson. This will be followed by the showing of the vintage Sherlock Holmes Movie, House of Fear and a contest to name the pipes in the movie: Mega Center

9:00 pm Tim West Pipe Repairmen Forum, Jade Room (Tower)

9 pm Rob Cooper (Coopersark) State of the Market Estate Pipes & Tobacco, Sapphire Room (Tower)
SATURDAY May 4, 2019

7 am Exhibitor Set up, Mega Center

10 am – 5pm Chicago Pipe Show, Mega Center

10 am Peterson Pipe Historic Display

9 am Chicago Bowl, the pipe smoker’s award for Virginia Flakes opens in the Show.

11 am – 3+ pm Silent Auction, Mega Center

12 pm Private Ladies’ Luncheon for Exhibitors, St. Charles Ballroom Salons 5 & 6

7 pm The Chicago Feast Banquet, New Orleans Ballroom, pre-registration required

9 pm Doctor of Pipes and Master of Pipes Meeting, Arnold Palmer Suite (Tower)
SUNDAY MAY 5, 2019

6:30 – 9:30 am Pipe Show Breakfast, St. Charles Ballroom, Salons I, III, IV

8 am Exhibitor Set up, Mega Center

9 am – 5pm Chicago Pipe Show, Mega Center

11 am Chicago Bowl, the pipe smoker’s award for Virginia Flake ends..

12 pm Show Awards Presentation, Mega Center

1 pm UPCA United States of America National Pipe Smoking Championship, Tent
MONDAY MAY 6, 2019

8 am – 12 pm Post Show, Terrace Café Area
Please keep in mind that all of the above activities are subject to change or cancellation, even at the last minute, due to illness or unforeseen circumstances.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This seems to happen every year...
9:00pm Friday is a "featured" time slot, so most of the presentations you want to see happen simultaneously.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
George, agreed. It's a tough call, but I've been waiting for the KP book for years. I'll be at Mark Irwin's (et al) talk in the Mega Center.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I'd love to go but can't make it happen this year. I do humbly request from those of you who do attend, please post tons of pictures :)

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
My first pipe show too, and I'm very excited to be attending!
For those who have attended before - what is your recommendation for money? Bring cash, or are there suitable facilities to withdraw cash at the venue?

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
There are ATMs and few banks nearby, PNC Bank, TCF Bank and US Bank. I bring cash.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Yes, we keep track of who has paid for their tables. There will be maps of the MegaCenter that show the table arraignment and also who will be at which tables.
Normally, people like to have the same table that they had last year. We try to satisfy these requests.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
It is presently around 8:00 am Wednesday 4/24, and the Smoking Tent does NOT open in exactly a week! It opens around noon, next Wednesday. Regardless of all the tables and comfy chairs already arraigned for smoking and conversations, the tent is not open until the Fire Marshall completes his final inspection.
Don't ask how I know this.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I always look forward to this show. It doesn't matter that it's my tenth year attending, I still lose sleep as it approaches from looking forward to everything. :oops: Hope to see you all there!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
If you are wondering what to pack, it will be between 40's and 60's during the show. Since I don't like to use 4 letter words, I won't say what is supposed to fall this weekend.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
screenshot-2019-04-26-at-121353-pm-edited-600x512.png

Looking forward to it. I'll be there on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.