PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
For Charatan Collectors:
The International Charatan Collectors Society will meet at 4 PM, on Thursday, May 1st 2014. The International Charatan Collectors Society meeting will be moderated by Dennis H. Congos.
This will be a gathering of members of the International Charatan Collector’s Club (ICCS) on Thursday, May 1st 2014 at 4pm in the Turquoise Room in the Pheasant Run Resort. All those with 5 or more Charatans to show are invited to attend. This is a chance for those interested to learn more about Charatan pipes and for current members to exchange Charatan information and lore. Some of the most beautiful Charatans will be on display. There will be judging and awards for the various qualities of Charatans and best collection.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
Lets Eat!
On Friday, May 2nd, from 7PM - 10 PM The Chicago Pipe Show will serve the Welcome Dinner Buffet. Each year we serve dinner to about 600 people attending the Show.
This is a 7 course buffet meal, including salad and dessert. Coffee and tea are also included. And it is all FREE.
This is your chance to have dinner with 599 other pipe makers, pipe smokers, and pipe collectors in the lovely St. Charles Ballroom at Pheasant Run Resort. Everyone attending the Show is welcome. No reservations are required. Free tickets are distributed on Friday at the Pheasant Run Resort.
This dinner is sponsored by the Sutliff Tobacco Company and the Chicago Pipe Show.
On Saturday, May 3rd, The Chicago Pipe Show will host the annual Pipe and Cigar Banquet. This dinner is limited to the first 150 people who reserve a ticket. The cost of this dinner is $65 per person.
This banquet features an outstanding filet mignon dinner, including soup, salad, dessert, potatoes and vegetable. Red and white wine are also served at the table.
This meal is well worth the $65, however, our many generous sponsors also provide every diner with a free “goody bag” filled with cigars, tobacco and accessories that has a retail value greater than the $65 cost of the dinner.
As of today, we have a few Saturday night dinner tickets still available, reserve soon so that you don’t miss this great dinner and goody bag.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
The Smoking Tent. The Chicago Pipe Show will have a 6000 square foot smoking tent at the Pheasant Run Resort. The Tent will open around noon on Wednesday, April 30th and remain open until the early morning on Monday May 5th.
All are welcome to sit at one of the many tables, or in the comfortable lounge area, and enjoy a pipe or cigar. This is a very popular place to meet with friends or make new friends at the Show. The weather predictions are for daytime in the 60's and night time lows in the 50's. The tent will have heat to keep you warm on cool evenings. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual.
Pheasant Run provides a cash bar, stocked with beer, wine, hard liquor and soft drinks. The bar is open for business from 11 am until 1 am on most days. Food is also available in the tent 11 am to 11 pm on most days. Sandwiches, hot food, cold food, chips, cookies and soft drinks are available.
Come and smoke with us at the Chicago Pipe Show 2014.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
Women are always welcome at the Chicago Pipe Show. We have many women table exhibitors, pipe smokers, and non-smoking wives who attend the Show. And we have events of interest for all women.
On Friday, May 2nd, from 9:30AM - 4:30PM we have Champagne Limousine rides to and from the Premium Outlet Mall. There is no charge for this event, but sign up early on the poster in the hotel lobby to get your seat in the limo.

The location for this event is the Main Hotel Lobby entrance area for Departure.
At 9 PM on Friday the 2nd, we have a free craft project in the Turquise Room in the Tower at Pheasant run. This year’s Tobacco Related Craft: CPCC Tote Bags. My wife, Linda, will demonstrate the art of decorating CPCC and plain tote bags. Each attendee will be given all materials necessary to create the tote bag of their choice. Each attendee will be able to take their creation home, free of charge, as a souvenir of the 2014 Chicago Pipe Show courtesy of the Sutliff Tobacco Company. Limited to 40 participants on a first come, first served basis.

And on Saturday the 3rd of May, at 12 noon, we present the Private Ladies Luncheon for Female Exhibitors. All female exhibitors are invited to a salad luncheon with wine and dessert. The lunch is served in the St. Charles Ballroom at Pheasant Run and is sponsored by the McClelland Tobacco Company.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
This show sounds fantastic, and I so wish I could attend! Ironically, my wife and I are actually going to be in the area that weekend (coming in from Michigan), but our schedule is packed with other things!
I'd love to see video from the events -- smartphone-shot stuff would be great, whether snippets or full-length presentations. Maybe plans are already in place for this, or maybe it isn't possible for some reason. But if anyone here thinks to take out their phone and capture some of the moments, I'd love to see them.
Bob

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
Monday, May 5th, provides the last opportunity to buy, sell or trade a pipe at the 2014 Show. From 8AM to 12PM we hold our Post Show in the Terrace Café Area of Pheasant Run Resort. ½ tables are available FREE on a first come, first served basis. Many who attend the Show take this last opportunity to offer pipes for sale or trade while they await transportation to the airport. The area of the Post Show is a high traffic area where many people pass by as they leave the 2014 Show. If you have a few pipes left to sell or trade, or you have not yet spent your last dollar on pipes, visit the Post Show for your last chance to have fun at the 2014 Chicago Pipe Show.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
I hope to see you at the Show next week! Please come and enjoy yourself.
Here is the full Show Schedule for 2014:
THE CHICAGOLAND INTERNATIONAL PIPE & TOBACCIANA SHOW

MAY 2014 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
WEDNESDAY April 30, 2014

9 am Pipe Making Seminar, Mega Center Annex, Pre-registration required
THURSDAY MAY 1, 2014

9 am Pipe Making Seminar, Mega Center Annex, Pre-registration required

4 pm International Charatan Collectors Society, Turquoise Room (Tower)

6 pm – 10 pm The Chicago Cigar Show in the Tent
FRIDAY MAY 2, 2014

9 am – 4 pm, Smoke and Swap, Tent (8 am vendor set up)

9 am The Chicago Bowl opens, Tent

9:30 am – 4:30 pm Champagne Limo to Premium Outlet Mall, Hotel Lobby

12 pm – 5 pm Welcome Table, Hotel across from indoor/outdoor pool

2pm-5pm Blue Ribband Focus Group, Mega Center

3 pm UPCA Annual Meeting, Ruby Room (Tower)

5 pm John Seiler, Emperor Leopaldo's World : A Place and Time where Pipe Smoking is Encouraged - A discourse by the author, Sapphire Room (Tower)

7 pm – 10 pm Welcome Buffet Dinner, St. Charles Ballroom

7:30 pm presentations at Welcome Dinner

9 pm Rick Newcombe, Pipes in the Movies, Mega Center

9 pm Ladies’ Tobacco Related Arts & Craft Program, Turquoise Room (Tower)

9 pm Pipe Repairmen Roundtable, Sapphire Room (Tower)

10 pm Kevin Godbee, PipesMagazine.com Panel, Tent
SATURDAY MAY 3, 2014

7 am Exhibitor Set up, Mega Center

10 am – 5pm Chicago Pipe Show, Mega Center

10 am Chicago Bowl opens, Mega Center

11 am – 3+ pm Silent Auction, Mega Center

12 pm Private Ladies’ Luncheon for Exhibitors, St Charles Ballroom Salons 5 & 6

2 pm PipesMagazine.com Meet Up table, Tent

3:30 pm Winner Announced for 2 free nights at Pheasant Run, Mega Center

4 pm The Chicago Bowl closes, Tent and Mega Center

4 pm Smokers Forum Meet Up table, Tent

6:30 pm Cocktails, Pipe & Cigar Banquet at 7 pm, New Orleans Ballroom

9 pm Doctor of Pipes Meeting, Arnold Palmer Suite (Tower)
SUNDAY MAY 4, 2014

6:30 – 9:30 am Pipe Show Breakfast, St Charles Ballroom, Salons I, III, IV

8 am Study of Tobacco in the Bible (Tent)

8 am Exhibitor Set up, Mega Center

9 am – 5pm Chicago Pipe Show, Mega Center

12 pm Show Awards Presentation, Mega Center

1 pm UPCA United States of America National Pipe Smoking Championship, Tent
MONDAY MAY 5, 2014

8 am – 12 pm Post Show, Terrace Café Area
Please keep in mind that all of the above activities are subject to change or cancellation, even at the last minute, due to illness or unforeseen circumstances.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Please join me on Sunday morning in the tent. I will give a Bible to each person, while supplies last. It will be an entertaining and informative discussion on principles from Proverbs, along with a description on how the Bible influenced my decision to pick up the pipe. Open to those who have never been to a house of worship and also to those who have spent their entire lives at one. Discussion encouraged. Arguments forbidden.
Winton

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Was lucky enough to smoke a bowl of the Arango Cigar company Balkan blend contest winner this afternoon that was brought back from the event, great stuff, reminded me alot of nightcap in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.