PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

panheadjack

Lurker
Mar 31, 2011
I use Iwan Ries alot. The sevice is first class and they have an extensive product line. Good people.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That's my experience too! Its original furnishings and museum-like displays of rare tobacciana

whisk me back to the time great-great-grandpa might have been there to order a custom blend.

Very old-timey look and feel... established 3 or 4 years before Abe Lincoln became president.
They still treat customers in a highly dignified and respectful manner -- whether you're wearing

an Armani suit and shopping for a Dunhill, or you're in blue jeans looking for a cob.

(Doesn't hurt to have a 15,000 pipe inventory either!)
It's too bad that Chicago, Cook County, and Illinois have stacked layers of obscene tobacco taxes

that put so much pressure on this historic, family owned business. Their only path to survival will be

by expanding their internet presence, which, of course, will obviate the need to preserve "grandpa's

tobacco shop". Panoramic view.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Iwan Ries is a must-see stop for any pipe smoker who gets to Chicago, I don't think there's anywhere else quite as impressive. If you call in an order in the morning it will ship that afternoon.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
What's more amazing is that for every pipe you see on display, and there are thousands, they have like 10 behind the counter or in storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.