PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
I love cherry twizzlers, and Coca Cola Cherry. Is there anyone else who enjoy it and what is the best?

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
The best has to be Cheerwine. Love it, love it, love it. It's been going strong since the early 1900's, and is a NC legend. I love Cheerwine pound cake, cheerwine chicken (which is baked in BBQ sauce made from Cheerwine. Krispy Kreme also made a Cheerwine doughnut a few times and they're so damn good.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think it is difficult to find real tasting cherry flavor. I have fond memories of cherry fountain Cokes when I was a child, but nothing since has quite measured up. As an aromatic flavoring, it makes me queasy. But for those who love it, I make no arguments.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
Cherry 7up sounds awesome. Never seen that one. I want to try Cherry Dr Pepper but as the 7up one it's not avalible in Sweden.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
If you thaw frozen cherries (buy 'em in the frozen food section of your local supermarket), there's always a lot of cherry juice there. Good stuff!

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Get a jar of maraschino cherries , I use a dash of the juice to sweeten bulleit bourbon for making an old Fashioned

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nothing beats real cherries of course.
I make rumtopf every year for Christmas. We take a batch of cherries in the summer, de-pit them, and soak them over night in sugar. Then the cherries, sugar and juices are put into a ceramic pot and covered with rum. It marinates until Christmas and is great.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
On our trip to Paris I had Duck fillets with a cherry sauce with apples...it was delicious.

20180916_190959-496x600.jpg

I also like any baked goods with cherries like cherry scones, cherry tarts, cherry pie...has to be real cherries.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I make rumtopf every year for Christmas.

That sound awesome. How long does it marinate? Six months? Marinate at room temperature? There are so many recipes on the web. Do you have an easy to follow recipe?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife bought a nifty cherry pitter online for not much, just line up the cherry and pull the little lever. A stack of those pitted cherries are just like potato chips.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
That sound awesome. How long does it marinate? Six months? Marinate at room temperature? There are so many recipes on the web. Do you have an easy to follow recipe?
It is! It takes a few months to get everything right, probably 4 at the least. I just leave it covered in the basement and forget about it and it does its thing. Every once and a while I will take a peek at it, as sometimes more rum is needed.
I only use this rum:
5222372955_c0cefc8b39_b.jpg

I'd be happy to share the recipe if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.